ERM and Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 14 February 2017 10:13
Location: US, KS, Lenexa
Company: CommunityAmerica Credit Union
The ERM and Business Continuity Manager is responsible for CommunityAmerica’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program. Partners with the business leadership team to ensure that risks are identified and considered in the development of the strategic vision, and proactively manage the risk and reward balance of the business. In managing the program, this position will facilitate the organization’s definition of risk appetite and tolerance, coordinate risk assessments, identify strategic, financial, reputational, and operational risks, provide leadership and chair the Risk Committee. Leads the prioritization of risks and identification of risk owners, and develops and communicates risk reports to management and the Board of Directors. Responsible for leading the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Program, Issues and Crisis Management, Insurance, and Business Process Optimization.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leads the organization’s ERM program which includes defining and managing the risk management structure and policies/processes for gathering, evaluating, rating, and prioritizing the management of strategic and operational risks.
- Defines, implements, and manages the organization’s Operational Risk Management program and operational risk model including risk identification, measurement, monitoring, reporting, and mitigation framework for Operational Risk.
- Facilitates and coordinates the organization-wide risk assessments identifying current and emerging risks linked to the organization’s business strategy and operations.
- Synthesizes risk-related information and supports the management team and Risk Committee discussions in prioritizing risk, determining risk strategy, and assigning risk-owners.
- Develops the risk program objectives and priorities based on feedback from executive management, changes in regulatory requirements, and long-term risk management needs of the organization. Maintains inventory and status of identified risks throughout the organization including regular reporting of KRIs and KPIs.
- Chairs the Risk Committee and develops quarterly consolidation of risk-related updates, translating risk information and results for the Risk Committee and senior management team. Presents conclusions so that risk-based decisions can be made or actions plans developed.
- Presents to the Board of Directors on at least an annual basis regarding enterprise risk management per regulatory requirements.
- Leads the Business Continuity Management Program ensuring the appropriate plans, procedures, and test documentation are in place to support the organization.
- Leads the Incident Response Committee and conducts at least quarterly meetings with participants.
- Coordinates and leads all company Incidents, ensuring that the incident is properly remediated, communicated internally and externally as appropriate, and lessons learned from all incidents are adequately discussed and implemented where necessary.
- Leads the evaluation and selection of corporate insurance to ensure there is appropriate insurance coverage based upon risk exposure and business processes.
- Leads Business Process Optimization function for the enterprise and assess the opportunities to reduce cycle time and improve quality of delivery.
- Provides enthusiastic, professional service to internal clients. Develops and nurtures a culture that is sensitive and supportive to risk management across all delivery channels and departments.
- Promotes honest and open communication throughout the credit union.
- Demonstrate behaviors that are consistent with the credit union’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.