Consultant, Business Continuity
- Published: Thursday, 09 March 2017 10:12
Location: US, MN, Minneapolis
Company: Xcel Energy
Provide leadership in overall program management for business continuity and organizational resiliency strategy. Areas of focus include business continuity, continuity program management, business / technology continuity governance, and others as assigned. Works closely with the IT/Disaster Recovery and Enterprise Risk Management Teams to ensure continuity and resiliency plans are aligned.
- Analyze corporate intelligence data to identify trends, patterns, or warnings indicating threats to security of people, assets, information, or infrastructure. Assess risks to business operations. Strategize, design, and execute the Business Impact Analysis to ensure the business continuity program is aligned with and supportive of critical business functions.
- Develop, implement and maintain enterprise-level business continuity strategies and plans. Lead the development and enhancement of business continuity plans for individual business areas. Ensure consistent documentation of business continuity plans and procedures across the enterprise. Design, implement and improve cross-functional programs that enable the recovery of critical business functions and systems. Define, document and implement specific business continuity processes (process flows, roles and responsibilities, supporting documents and procedures).
- Plan, conduct, and debrief regular disaster exercises to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly.
- Mature business continuity program capabilities and develop new strategies and capabilities as needs are identified.
- Oversee implementation and management of enterprise-wide business continuity planning tool.