Business Continuity Analyst II
- Published: Thursday, 16 March 2017 13:37
Location: US, Pasadena, CA
Company: GreenDot Corporation
The Business Continuity Analyst is responsible for building, maintaining, and leading the corporation’s and its subsidiaries business continuity and crisis management programs. This includes ensuring regulatory compliance with the Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) and alignment with industry best practices. This role requires heavy involvement with business recovery planning for our domestic and international operations as well as the continual update of related systems and programs.
The Business Continuity Analyst will establish appropriate preparedness efforts to sustain and safeguard the corporation’s brand and reputation. The candidate will support leadership on the Crisis Management Team (CMT) during activations and work with the business on a continual basis to ensure overall resiliency.
The Business Continuity Analyst needs to have previous experience performing similar duties in a similar environment and feel comfortable in a fast-paced setting with the highest standards of excellence. This position must bring an organized, flexible, self-motivated and collaborative approach to build and maintain an effective and efficient business continuity program; and comfortable to communicate clearly with multiple stakeholders including leadership.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining all business continuity plans, including reviewing all business continuity documentation to ensure proper alignment with the Business Continuity Policy and Green Dot’s business continuity plans and procedures.
- Oversee business continuity and crisis management exercises including tabletop, work area recovery, and full-scale drills.
- Tests and exercises to include employee and partner communication.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to continually identify and understand ever evolving business operations, processes and technologies required in building and maintaining optimal recovery plans.
- Perform in-depth Business Impact Analysis (BIA) surveys with each identified department annually or as needed.
- Conduct an annual risk assessment to evaluate potential business threats and associated risks related to the company’s business continuity program and provide continual updates to the company’s Enterprise Risk Management Committee (ERMC) as required.
- Develop robust site plans for satellite offices, including conducting onsite reviews as required and managing business continuity supplies and inventory at each domestic and international location.
- Manage all internal and external audits as well as related requests for information, addressing any gaps identified in a timely manner.
- Conduct vendor business continuity reviews of all Tier 1 vendors on an annual or as required.
- Review and approve business continuity contractual language in both Green Dot and vendor agreements.
- Partner with Technical Operations Department, ensuring business continuity program alignment with disaster recovery operations and plans.
- Administer the mass notification system, developing notification teams, scenarios, etc. while ensuring data accuracy and conducting ongoing system wide tests.
- Build, manage, train, and test the Crisis Management Team (CMT), Crisis Management Operations Center (CMOC), and overall response and recovery structure on an ongoing basis.
- Act as a technical expert on business continuity risk.
- Monitor potential threats and/or incidents that could impact business operations, providing critical information to leadership and employees as needed for informational awareness.
- Oversee business continuity steering committee meetings including the Pandemic Committee.
- Manage the business continuity SharePoint site to provide end user critical information and documents.
- Oversee business continuity and crisis management exercises including tabletop, work area recovery, and full-scale drills. Tests and exercises to include employee and partner communication.
- Develop and present an After Action Report (AAR) and Corrective Action Report (AAR) to leadership following activations and exercises.
- Oversee all business continuity systems and programs including RSA Archer EGRC platform including supporting Corporate Insurance’s functionality in the RSA Archer system.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Insurance Department Support
- Act as a subject matter expert on Green Dot’s insurance program standards and advise on recommended insurance coverage and limits for contractual agreements.
- Coordinate with insurance broker to issue Green Dot certificates of insurance upon request based on established standards.
- Review vendor provided certificates on insurance and record/upload into RSA Archer System.
- Assist team as needed with claims management.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience in a corporate environment
- Previous experience in the financial services industry a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or related discipline preferred
- Certifications in DRII (ABCP, CBCP, MBCP) a plus.
- Working knowledge of IT architecture patterns and the applicability to continuity efforts.
- Experience in business impact analysis (BIA) and intimate knowledge and experience facilitating BCP testing exercises, such as table-tops, component tests and full-scale exercises involving numerous cross-functional teams.
- Experience as a Notification System administrator (preferably Mir3).
- Facilitation of departmental and enterprise risk evaluation activities; demonstrates understanding of risk categorization and response.
- Ability to make recommendations for new processes and procedures and capable of acting on your own to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Demonstrated clear, concise and effective communication skills with individuals and groups.
- Be able to develop cohesive working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Demonstrate ability to lead others and team projects (e.g. prioritizes work, provides effective training, and coordinates multiple tasks).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires you to be proactive and manage your time effectively.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Visio, Word, Excel, Visio, SharePoint, Project, and PowerPoint, RSA Archer.
- Must be available to work evening and weekend hours, as needed should an unforeseen event occur.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally.