Crisis Sales Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 10 May 2017 14:11
Location: UK, Harwell/ Flexible
Company: The National Chemical Emergency Centre
Salary range: Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits
The National Chemical Emergency Centre (NCEC), founded over 40 years ago, is the market leading provider of chemical emergency response services globally, dealing with over 8,000 emergency calls a year on behalf of over 550 companies, including ~50% of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world. We are recognised by our clients, the industry and our peers as being the premium provider of these services, and our reputation is based on the outstanding level of knowledge and technical expertise of our emergency response team.
Alongside the chemical emergency response services, we offer a telephone based incident notification service and crisis consultancy services such as training, exercising, business continuity planning, etc. These ‘crisis’ services are central to our future growth and create the opportunity to engage in a number of new sectors. We have established a strong presence and are now looking for a dedicated sales manager/business development manager to support the growth of this area.
Today NCEC is part of Ricardo PLC’s subsidiary company, Ricardo Energy & Environment; a leading sustainability consultancy combining energy, climate change, water, waste, air quality, environmental and our chemical risk expertise with strong IT and economics capability.
The Crisis Business Development Manager will be an addition to our current sales team in support of our business plan growth targets. You will be responsible for crafting sales plans, taking our proposition into the market and achieving sales targets for the services. The key being to expand our customer base internationally for these crisis services as well as developing our product portfolio based on client needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop their career with progression potential for a high performer within NCEC and Ricardo Energy & Environment. Working for our Practice Director and closely with our Business Area Manager for Emergency Response and Crisis lead consultant you will benefit from developing under the guidance, skills and experience of our team. You will have autonomy to determine your own focus and areas of activity.
NCEC has delivered strong growth in the last three years and we are looking for the right individual to take a lead in making their contribution by developing new customers for our crisis product area. Being in a relatively new area of the business, the role offers good levels of autonomy, freedom and “ownership” of the plan for growth. You will be supported by our proactive and effective marketing team and have access to dedicated calling resource but you’ll also be expected to undertake high levels of your own outbound activity – calls, event attendance, meetings etc.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of establishing high levels of sales leads and managing opportunities through the entire sales cycle through to securing a profitable order. They will have the ability to understand and explain our services to technical and risk focused personnel and C-level decision makers, and develop compelling solutions tailored to their needs.
- Developing new customers
- Design and implement a sales plan that expands the NCEC crisis customer base and ensures a strong market presence.
- Hit sales targets by successfully presenting the crisis management propositions to the market, steering work of the marketing team, generating leads, and managing prospects through the sales cycle.
- Set the foundations for strong, long-lasting customer relationships by careful diagnosis of their needs and accurate, value-adding prescription.
- Creating and/or sharing information with clients such as white papers, technical knowledge and insight.
- Identifying opportunities where the support of NCEC’s crisis services are needed.
- Defining bespoke sales campaign activity.
- Management of sales funnel and activity.
- Proactively creating and managing a funnel of ~50 opportunities, achieving 75% forecasting accuracy.
- Optimising the use of a range of tools and techniques to ensure the consistency and professionalism of the day-to-day activities lead to positive results in the achievement of our goals.
- To deliver high levels of outbound calling and face-to-face meetings to maximize sales targets.
- Liaising with marketing and sales personnel to ensure effective promotion of NCEC’s capabilities in support of sales activities to grow our accounts.
- Liaising with the Business Area Manager and crisis lead to develop the product and related services
- Identifying and communicating intelligence on market requirements and opportunities.
- Creating profitable customer solutions.
Key competencies and experience:
- Demonstrable experience and track record in new business development (and associated high levels of supporting activity) ideally in the ‘crisis market’ or a related field such as risk or insurance.
- Proven ability in effective planning of campaign activity or sales strategy.
- Positive engagement with customers, partners and colleagues in pursuit of successful sales outcomes.
- Ability to balance the knowledge of client future requirements with appreciation of market trends, business strategy and the need for contracts to generate profit and establish successful long-term relationships.
Skills and behaviours:
- High levels of drive and commitment no matter what the challenge.
- Be a self-starter, problem solver with the ability to make ideas reality.
- Have the confidence and self-assurance in your ability to be fully prepared for any sales opportunity and/or challenge.
- Be an excellent communicator and presenter to build rapport and strategic client relationships as well as excellent engagement with colleagues to optimize effective team dynamics and support.
There is considerable potential to earn your On Target Earnings in this risk driven sector where we are a premium service provider, with an uncapped bonus for over-performers.
This is a fast-paced and challenging environment offering you the opportunity to make your mark. You will have support from the wider business for your career to develop into a wide range of future opportunities within Ricardo Energy & Environment.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package, a personal development plan, and the opportunity to make a difference in a challenging and rewarding field. Ricardo Energy & Environment is an equal opportunities employer.