Principal business continuity officer
- Published: Friday, 12 May 2017 10:21
Location: Côte d'Ivoire, Africa
Company: African Development Bank Group
The Principal Business Continuity Officer responsibility will consist in assessing, analyzing, implementing, maintaining and improving the Bank’s comprehensive Business Continuity framework, strategy and program throughout the Bank’s organizational units that will enable the Bank to respond to any business interruption at Head Quarter, Regional and Country Offices.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Business Continuity Unit, the Principal Business Continuity Officer will:
- Perform/update Bank Group wide business impact analysis of all functional areas at all its locations (Head Quarter in Abidjan and Country Offices) by establishing critical functions, critical staff, determined possible threats, external surroundings, and points of vulnerabilities and, the related recovery requirements and priorities identified, quantified
- Work with business departments to enhance business recovery plans, mitigating the effect of a technology system or application failure or problem. Establish, coordinate network of Business Continuity coordinators in departments and Country Offices, and Train and provide support for all business continuity-related activities including the development and maintenance of departmental and Country Offices Business Continuity plans to reflect changes of the Bank organization, working procedures, staff, systems, and office facilities
- Develop test and simulation scenarios. Oversee and coordinated functional and technical tests for Head Quarter Departments, Country Offices and Information Technology; assess the effectiveness of the test and simulations and to ensure the preparedness and readiness of the Bank’s in the event of business disruption
- Coordinate with facilities management services, IT and Telecommunication teams to identify gaps and track status of actions and issues related to business continuity; provide expertise and guidance on business continuity management and disaster recovery solutions; Monitoring the maintenance and readiness of emergency management, equipment and vital records, including: Business Continuity Center, emergency notification systems, Remote access capacity, alternate work space for the Bank’s Senior Management Group, and all provisions for emergencies
- Develop training materials, plan and participate in the delivery of training and conducting workshops on African Development Bank approach to emergency and business continuity management for the Head Quarter, and Country Offices. Conduct the Business Continuity training program Country Offices and Head Quarter. Provide guidance and training to sensitize African Development Bank’s staff, on Business Continuity Management concepts, methodology, regulations, requirements and tools via workshops, individual and group meetings, webcast tutorials
- Design, organize, modify, and support the bank's Mass Notification systems and Business Continuity Program plans and maintain system efficiency, allows key users to work properly together using that systems and documents, troubleshoot problems reported by users, Make recommendations for future upgrades
- For emergencies events, ensure teams preparedness and provide all the necessary tools, devices, systems to mitigate any Socio-Political, Health related, Man-Made, IT technological impacts on the Bank’s staff & dependents safety and Bank’s Business continuity and based on Alert levels, maintain communication link between the different entities, analyze and isolate issues to be brought to the Business Continuity Management Head of Unit and the Bank’s crisis management committees
- Prepare and submit regular assessments and reports of Business Continuity Management progress and achievements at African Development Bank and report to African Development Bank management and the Boards. Organize committee’s meetings, prepare the minutes and to get organized Departments and Country Offices to ensure Staff safety and facilitate timely accommodation of future recovery requirements and opportunities
- Research and stay abreast of all major threats that could impact the Bank’s business activities at Head Quarter, Country Offices or in all Regional Hubs where African Development Bank operates Qualified the impacts resulting from business disruption events.