Director, Enterprise Risk Management
- Published: Friday, 19 May 2017 13:04
Location: US, Deerfield, Illinois
The Enterprise Risk Management Director has responsibility for managing the Enterprise Risk Management program for Walgreens and other Businesses as appropriate. Reporting to the WBA ERM Senior Director, the ERM Director will have responsibility to apply the overall WBA ERM framework to identify key risks and enhance mitigation at Walgreens, and support the underlying Businesses and functions in completing robust risk registers, as required by the WBA ERM Policy. In addition, the ERM Director is responsible for reporting all relevant risks to the WBA ERM Senior Director to ensure all risks are considered in the overall WBA risk register, and provide insights into continually improving the WBA ERM program.
- Working with the business senior management, subject matter experts and various other personnel, to identify risks impacting Walgreens and other Businesses and functions.
- Ensure the quarterly completion and general quality of the risk registers prepared by the supporting businesses and functions, and ensure approval by appropriate management.
- Facilitate the quarterly preparation of the Walgreens risk register, and support the review and approval by the appropriate EOCs/Senior Management.
- Supports the application of the WBA Minimum Three Lines of Defense framework in maintaining appropriate risk mitigation at the Division and Business level
- Develops a schedule of and executes "Risk Deep Dives" into key risks at the divisional level, leveraging business and other resources as appropriate, and prepare clear written reports to Divisional and WBA Senior Management.
- Engages all risk functions across the Division, including Internal Audit, Compliance, IT Risk & Compliance, Business Continuity and Corporate Strategy, keeping them apprised of the ERM process, points of coordination, the identified risks and management's action plans to ensure a coordinated effort to the mitigation of enterprise risks.
- Coordinates efforts and drives integration of risks and their management action plans into the divisional strategic initiatives, working closely with the Divisional CFO and Corporate Strategy group.
- Participates in key organizational committees as part of the integration of the risk management processes into the organization to ensure compliance, Business commitment, and representation and visibility across the organization for risk management.
- Represents the organization externally for risk management practices, participates in conferences representing Walgreens, and ensures state of the art risk management practices.
- Develops benchmarks and analyzes company position against benchmarks and best practices, providing recommendations for updates and alterations to the policies, practices and processes as necessary.
- As required, support other geographies in the execution of the WBA ERM program across the Company.