Business Resilience Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 08 August 2017 09:57
Location: UK, Birmingham
Looking for either an experienced Business Resilience Manager who is currently in a similar risk control position or someone with the background and ambition to step up into a position with the right training. You may be an Underwriter with relevant experience and wish to further your career to become a Business Resilience Manager.
As a Business Resilience Manager, you may be involved in various areas of the business including:
- Strategic direction and delivery of customer facing risk management.
- ABI & HSE/HSC Technical Committees: Construction, Flood, Business Continuity, Asbestos, SME Construction Safety.
- Underwriting Academy and Risk Management Training.
- Risk management publications and media interviews.
- Risk identification, elimination or control by conducting on site surveys of selected risks as requested
- Providing an appropriate, clear and accurate report of findings in order to identify and reduce risk exposures to AXA and its customers
- Providing technical assistance and support to internal and external customers as requested in respect of survey casework
- Undertake surveys and prepare technical reports of commercial Property and/or Liability risks as requested and provide an appropriate report
- Advise underwriters on risk quality, rating, classification and EML assessment as appropriate
- Comment on other risk related topics (e.g. acceptability, adequacy of sums insured etc.) where this will be of assistance to underwriters
- Decide on site and wherever possible, discuss and agree risk improvement measures necessary for acceptability
- Prepare a schedule of risk improvement measures for onward transmission by the underwriter to the client/broker
- In conjunction with the Regional Business Resilience Manager, potentially provide training for new Business Resilience Managers, branch underwriters or external third parties such as Brokers, including arranging regular underwriting accompaniment on appropriate surveys to develop their awareness of risk and control techniques.