- Published: Saturday, 12 August 2017 13:28
Location: Ireland, Dublin
Company: Bank of Ireland
The Group`s Crisis Management (GCMT) Framework is a sub-framework and component part of the overall BCM Framework. It is a critical component part of the Group`s overall approach to ensuring it`s resilience in response to business disruption events.
The role holder is responsible for implementing the Crisis management framework, management tools and methodologies into Group
- Responsible for embedding Group`s Crisis Management Framework into Group
- The Group Crisis Management Manager is responsible for the Group Crisis Management Plan.
- Ensure that appropriate Business Continuity Plans are in place at Group level and across the Group to protect , as far as is possible, the continuity of services in a crisis or assist the early resolution of any crisis,
- Ensure they are prepared to manage any crisis, understand their role on the GCM and undertake appropriate training, as deemed necessary.
- Setting, reviewing, updating and communicating the strategic response to a Crisis incident
- Deliver Crisis Management and Resilience programme activities including: running workshops, scenario development, exercise planning, delivery and facilitation, document maintenance and reporting; aligned to the Groups Crisis Management Framework
- Consulting stakeholders when determining the Group`s Crisis Management response
- Notifying the Executive Board and escalating where appropriate;
- Ensuring the strategy for a crisis is documented in order to provide a clear audit trail including changes to the Crisis Management strategy
- Setting the schedule for reporting and situational updates from the Group CM members and from the relevant Group teams
- Responsible for the overall command structure for ensuring that health and safety of staff.
- Ensure adherence to internal and external governance, regulatory and industry reporting requirements for Group Crisis Managment
Relevant 3rd level qualification
Essential Skills & Experience
- Previous Experience in a similar Crisis Management position, ideally within the financial services sector
- Ability to deal with complex, often conflicting priorities to satisfy a broad stakeholder base
- Ability to identify, manage, and structure key issues and problems
- Capacity to be proactive in bringing new ideas/learnings to table
- Excellent stakeholder/relationship building skills and strong organizational ability
- Ability to write and communicate relevant policies and reports to various stakeholders
- Document and maintain processes and procedures in line with best practice and the Groups BCM Framework
- Capacity to be proactive in bringing new ideas/ learning`s to the table
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate effectively at different levels within the organisation
- Demonstrable experience in project management and problem resolution
- Capable of working under pressure together with strong decision making skills
Financial Services experience and understanding of banking industry and regulation
Closing date: Aug 25, 2017