- Published: Thursday, 14 September 2017 13:03
Location: UK, Milton Keynes
Company: Network Rail
Network Rail Telecoms delivers and maintains the communication networks that keep the railway running. The Resilience Specialist will be focused on ensuring that relevant contingency plans are in place, maintained and tested to ensure that these critical networks continue to function during times of disruption. The role of Resilience Specialist would be particularly suited to someone with a background in service continuity or experience in the creation of business continuity plans.
- Execution and monitoring of Resilience* strategies and processes, utilising KPIs to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of these and create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Subject Matter Specialist for the provision of advice to the functions leadership team to provide awareness and an ability to manage and respond to risks.
- Delivery of Resilience activities for the function including development, maintenance and continuous improvement of processes to manage Business Impact Analyses and Contingency Plans; to plan for the functions preparedness.
- Support the NRT Resilience Manager in the creation and delivery of an Exercise Programme and delivery of assurance activities to the functions leadership teams, in order to provide confidence in the functions preparedness.
- Review and articulate internal, external, regulatory and legal requirements and relationships for resilience that the function must adhere to, providing assurance on the functions position.
- Engage with external stakeholders, acting as the functions Resilience Specialist, to influence resilience with interested parties including those from the wider rail industry, regulators and government.
- Facilitate the promotion of Resilience within the function through the influencing of key stakeholders and driving a change in behaviours such that Resilience becomes embedded into business processes.
- Undertake detailed reviews of technical solutions and plans to ascertain their level of resilience and produce detailed reports, encompassing recommendations to the functions Leadership Team.
- Operational management of external suppliers to assess that their activities deliver against the needs of the organisation, identifying mitigation strategies for where critical activities are not protected.