Business Continuity Planner
- Published: Tuesday, 26 September 2017 06:52
Location: UK, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
bet365, one of the world’s leading online gambling companies, is a driving force in the development of enterprise and internet technology. We have rapidly grown into a global operation, delivering an unrivalled online experience to more than 21 million customers in 18 languages.
The Infrastructure department are looking for a Business Continuity Planner to join this exciting and vital part of the bet365 family.
You will be responsible for the development, maintenance and testing of the Organisations Business Continuity and IT Service Continuity program. You will support all business plan activities necessary to enable the Organisation to manage a crisis event as well as meet compliance requirements for continuity planning.
The position's primary goals will be to identify, document and test business needs and dependencies against the Organisation infrastructure, whilst identifying gaps and recovery strategies. Reporting to the IT Assurance Manager, the Business Continuity Planner will be responsible for supporting the Business Continuity Planning team’s daily activities and agreeing priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Building functions/metrics to ensure service levels are measured and consistently met.
- Reporting on the capacity and usage of the BCM infrastructure and continuity status of business units to senior management.
- Recommending recovery strategies and options using industry knowledge and experience.
- Providing mentoring and guidance to technical and supervisory staff to support awareness and enforce the BCM/ITSC strategy and standards throughout the Organisation.
- Supporting and assisting in the definition, development and maintenance of the BCM/ITSC strategy; supporting, documentation, toolsets and third party relationships.
- Defining and grouping critical and time-sensitive functions into a service catalogue and recovery sequence.
- Liaising with key teams to identify gaps, setting recovery time objectives, recovery point objectives and conveying Business needs and expectations for IT services.
- Assisting business units with impact analysis, identifying critical functions and dependencies against the scope of the business continuity policy and maximum tolerable period of disruption.
- Coordinating and assisting with technical leads to implement recovery solutions tailored to requirements.
- Designing, developing, documenting and maintaining BCM/ITSC continuity plans.
- Developing and coordinating the maintenance and testing program for all BCM/ITSC plans including independent review and validation.
- Supervising BCM/ITSC plan testing and documenting outcome, service improvements and confirm resolution.
- Ensuring compliance to standard operational procedures (including regular maintenance requirements) and workflow processes and procedures.
- Occasional travelling to bet365’s off-site recovery facilities for planned exercises.
Required Experience and Skills
- Enterprise technology and industry best practice aware with experience in multi-site services and continuity technologies/suppliers.
- Experience of ITIL best practice methodologies including Change, Incident and Problem Management.
- Demonstrable project management skills to support data collection, delivery and sign off of milestones whilst managing changing priorities.
- Ability to function as a member of a team whilst also capable of operation with little supervision or constant guidance.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and verbally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- Experience working as a liaison between technical development teams and the non-technical customer to support requirements gathering and management of expectations.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work efficiently and effectively.
- Strong administrative skills, with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve target dates.
- Ability to work with people across all functions and levels of an IT organisation.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- Previous operational experience in Business Continuity, IT Service Continuity, or related fields.
- CISSP, DRI or BCM institute qualification.
- Previous experience of team supervision, ensuring high quality output and managing workload to meet deadlines.
To apply please email Dan Myatt, Recruitment Manager, on firstname.lastname@example.org