Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Thursday, 28 September 2017 10:16
Location: US, OR, Portland
Company: The Standard
The Standard is currently seeking a Business Continuity Analyst to join its team. The Business Continuity Analyst directly supports the Business Continuity (BC) Program and is responsible for working with the Sr. Director of Business Continuity and business/functional leaders in developing and maintaining the functional/location specific business continuity plans. They will ensure documentation and other relevant business continuity activity is conducted within the business continuity policy guidelines and as directed by the Sr. Director of Business Continuity and the Business Continuity Steering Committee.
Collaborate with the business managers, business continuity leads/teams and infrastructure teams to identify the operations, processes and technologies required in building and maintaining optimal continuity plans. Ensure operationally effective and compliant programs are developed and in place to ensure recovery of the business.
- Develop, enhance, implement and maintain business continuity processes, procedures, standards, guidelines and tools/templates
- Support systems used for the BC program and provide training in their use
- Annually and as needed, identify critical functions, processes and locations
- Provide analytical support and reporting for risk assessment and BC program metrics
- Consult with and provide guidance to the business lines in the area of planning, testing and other processes and required
- Support business impact analysis efforts to validate that business continuity plans have appropriate response procedures to mitigate exposure to regulatory, financial and reputational impacts
- Maintain the currency of recovery capabilities, equipment and continuity plan documents in accordance with the organization’s strategic direction
- Coordinate business unit schedules to maintain business continuity plans and participate in business continuity exercises
- Perform periodic reviews and tests of established business continuity and crisis management plans and procedures, report findings to management and make recommendations for improvements as needed
- Contribute thought leadership to business continuity practices
- Develop and conduct awareness and training on resilience and preparedness at work and at home
- Coordinate with IT resources on the connection between disaster recovery and business continuity
- Ensure capable coverage 24 X 7 to support the emergency operations center (crisis management team) in the event of a business disruption.