IT Business Continuity Coordinator
- Published: Wednesday, 01 November 2017 13:18
Company: Vidant Health
Location: US, Greenville, NC
The Information Services Business Continuity Coordinator role encompass activities to ensure that IS service recovery plans are fully developed and achievable by plan owners. Assistance in developing and maintaining a Business Continuity program (BCP) that includes services such as business impact analyses, recovery plan evaluation and testing, emergency operations plan creation and training, and general disaster recovery advising. Duties includes conducting risk assessments, technical requirements gathering, and collaborative development of written disaster recovery plans with plan owners. Major focus will be directed towards testing of IS BC plans for their effectiveness to restore services within the guidelines of the Information Services (IS) level agreements. This role also functions as the IS disaster event coordinator to help coordinate IS service restoration in a disaster scenario.
- Ability to communicate orally with IS staff and hospital leadership is crucial
- Must be able to interact with technical, non-technical, and management staff
- Comfortable presenting in front of a large group including Executives
- Have a good background with IS Infrastructure, telecommunications, networks and client operations
- Have a good working knowledge of IS Business Continuity life cycle, including risk assessment, BIA, plan strategies/development, testing/exercises and training.
- Be proactive in the identification of any BC related issues or concerns within organization and assist if necessary in bringing them to resolution.
- Fulfill administrative reporting duties in accordance with corporate standards, policies, and procedures.
- Stay abreast with the latest training for DR/BC activities to make sure organization stays up to date from an Infrastructure and process/procedures perspective
- Ability to plan and manage medium to large projects within given timelines
- Expert knowledge in problem resolution for technical problems that are highly complex in nature.
- Education and formal training:
- Formal education requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Information Services, Information Security, Computer Science, Military equivalence or a combination of education and hands-on work experience equivalence.
- Preferred certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or CISA and ITIL Foundation
- Minimum preferred certifications: Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery. Must acquire within one year.
- Five (5) years of progressive IS experience with three (3) years' experience in business continuity/disaster recovery is required.
- Must have experience and demonstrated proficiency in BC/DR program execution, managing process change projects, and knowledge of the disaster recovery program lifecycle.
- Technically strong; working knowledge of system hardware, software, protocols, standards and back-up software
- Healthcare background preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Strong ITIL Service Management knowledge around Service Design, Change Management, Incident Management, and Continuity Management.
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite including MS Visio and MS Project.
- 10% travel
How to apply
Contact Tammy Sumerlin Wilkins, MA, Lead Talent Acquisition Consultant, Vidant Health, email: Tammy.Wilkins@VidantHealth.com