Business Continuity Specialist
- Published: Friday, 10 November 2017 09:52
Location: US, MO, Kansas City
Company: Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
The incumbent provides analytical and project support for the Bank’s Business Continuity function. The incumbent generally works with minimal guidance while planning and coordinating moderate to highly complex projects, specifically related to business continuity activities. The incumbent demonstrates a high-level of proficiency in collecting and analyzing data, and serves as the business continuity knowledge resource for others in the department and throughout the Bank.
- Coordinates and provides analytical support for the Bank’s Business Continuity Program, including but not limited to administration of disaster recovery efforts, maintenance of District response plans, development of tabletop exercises and Bank-wide communications, tracking of annual business area compliance activities, and facilitation of trainings/awareness activities.
- Coordinates quarterly Business Resumption Testing activities and provides support during testing events. Analyzes contingency testing capabilities and recommends changes to address ever evolving business environment.
- Works directly with business area contacts to ensure strong operational preparedness and recovery procedures are in place. Incumbent will develop a strong understanding of Bank-wide operational needs and will perform comprehensive reviews of resumption plans to ensure compliance with System requirements.
- Serves as subject matter expert in the use and administration of business continuity tools, including continuity planning software, automated notification systems, and other internally/externally developed applications.
- Engages with senior management during business continuity events and training activities. Develops communications and provides frequent updates regarding important business continuity initiatives. Must exercise strong communication skills, sound judgment, confidence, and a high-level of independence when interacting with senior management.
- Assists with the development of contracts in support of off-site crisis management centers and other business continuity activities. Incumbent is expected to be familiar with equipment, layout, and functionality of crisis management centers and be able to troubleshoot technical issues that may arise.
- Provides support for System-level business continuity efforts, as needed.
- Leads or completes project work of moderate to high complexity and priority (e.g., applies critical thinking and analytical skills to develop maturity models, trend analysis, and business impact analysis). Provides input and develops communications related to policy changes, after action reports, and high priority initiatives.
- Provides coordination and support of the Bank’s response teams, including Crisis Management, Communications, and Incident Response.
- Manages or conducts projects related to operational improvements. Develops recommendations and makes presentations to management and department staff. Trains others on new procedures/policies, as needed.
- Researches market/industry best practices; collects and analyzes data; draws appropriate conclusions; and presents results in written reports or through oral presentations using visual aids.
- Participates in budget related activities, such as developing and monitoring the business continuity department budget. Includes compiling data, monitoring expenses, responding to inquiries, explaining variances, and providing rationale and recommendations.
- Develops Bankwide training plans and materials for department liaisons and management.
- Leads or completes other ad-hoc projects and/or assignments, as assigned.