Business Continuity Specialist
- Published: Tuesday, 19 December 2017 15:49
Location: UK, Milton Keynes
Company: Boeing Defence UK Limited
Seeking an experienced and driven Business Continuity Specialist / Disaster Recovery analyst to deliver the Business Continuity process and policy across the programs in existence within Service Management. These include SCIS, Staffordshire Police and IT International, in addition to any future programs that BDUK are successful in bidding for, utilising an ITIL v3 SIAM (Service Integration and Management) framework and working alongside other process owners within Service Design, Service Management, Infrastructure and Integrated Service Delivery Teams.
The position requires a thorough, well organised individual that has excellent diplomacy, planning and time management skills.
- An aptitude to consider the worst case scenario and then plan around it to ensure the business functionality can be maintained, specialising not only in continuity planning, but also reverse planning for system retirements through program transition and transformation
- Maintaining and delivering archiving processes, which compliment long range business plans and roadmaps, develop program continuity plans, validate deliverable and support integrated delivery teams, platforms, systems and communication sub systems
- Research documents and provide technical information to support both internal organisation and customer organisation business continuity processes and policies
- Serve as a contact for technical Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery planning for the various areas of the DIS Business Unit
- Complete Business Impact Analysis and Technical Impact Analysis with multiple Business Units in order to identify the requirements needed for them to perform.
- Provide guidance to staff in relation to Business Continuity Management concepts, methodology, regulations, contingency requirements and tools (as a minimum via workshops, table top exercises and individual meetings).
- Assist in the development and implementation procedures for the management of Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery in conjunction with the wider Company
- Maintain and develop Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery exercise scenarios and documentation as part of the development, execution and follow up process
- Contribute to reviews of continuity processes, tests and implementations and put in place remedial actions if required.