Business Continuity Program Manager
- Published: Thursday, 04 January 2018 11:12
Location: US, Texas, Austin
Dell's newly formed Enterprise Resiliency Office (ERO), which reports into the Security & Resiliency Office is in the next stage of pursuit of excellence in operational resiliency. It is seeking several strong, passionate Program Managers, willing to invest themselves in a career in Business Continuity, with expertise in managing complex, global projects with wide-reaching implications. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of the ERO, and the resiliency of our company, by advising business units on strategies for the prevention of business disruption, through implementation of best-in-class resiliency methodologies.
The person in this role is, or will become, an expert both in Business Continuity and in the business unit for which they will be supporting and guiding. The PM receives direction from the Enterprise Business Continuity Program Lead, but serves as a Program Manager in their own right; advising business units on the implementation of resiliency strategies utilizing an established methodology but formulating a somewhat customized solution; finding gaps/risks, alerting business leadership, and making recommendations. This role is all about solving for continuity of operations for our critical business functions and our customers through the sustaining of business unit-level BC programs in alignment with the Enterprise level BC program. Special project opportunities are also available, such as strengthening our Vendor Resiliency program, establishing an enhanced audit program, and increasing the effectiveness of BC Plan testing.
- Maintains accountability for their programs’ success or shortcomings.
- Serves as chief advocate for business units seeking to achieve to the annual BC deliverables; monitor, measure and report on business progress.
- Develop training material and conduct classes for large business audiences.
- Learn to utilize RSAs Archer platform for managing BC Plans.
- Serve as key member of ER council.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of company’s ER strategies, methods; formulate recommendations to Enterprise BC Program Lead on corrections.
- Drive moderately complex, cross-functional projects through influence and negotiation while maintaining positive relationships with business stakeholders.
- Lead a team of Business Continuity Planners who may require frequent guidance and training.