Senior Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Monday, 05 February 2018 09:24
Location: US, NY
The Senior Business Continuity Analyst will be an experienced business continuity practitioner who directly supports the continued build-out and administration of Corning’s enterprise-wide and business unit Business Continuity Management Systems. The goal of Corning’s Business Continuity program is to enable the company to continue delivery of key products and services following a disruption. This individual will champion the roll-out of Corning’s BCMS to all Business Units and supporting the enterprise-level program. This individual will be able to communicate the benefits and requirements of Corning’s BCMS in an achievable, approachable manner to non-BC professionals. The successful candidate will heavily influence the establishment and build-out of Corning’s Business Continuity Center of Excellence.
Scope of the position also includes administration of BCO-specific systems and databases and creating reports on key performance metrics. The successful candidate will work closely and effectively with various areas of the organization including senior functional representatives, senior business unit management, IT Risk, the Global Security Operations Center and other key process stakeholders. This position reports to the Manager, Business Continuity Office. The Business Continuity Office is part of Corning Global Security’s Risk & Resiliency function.
- As a representative of the Business Continuity Office Headquarters function, independently lead projects to continue the launch of ISO 22301-consistent Business Continuity Management Systems throughout Corning’s Business Units
- Work with business unit leadership and project managers to implement BCMS’ according to Corning’s phased approach - project planning and kick-off; business impact analysis and risk assessment; business continuity strategy selection; plan development; training, awareness and exercising; and project closure
- Identify and recommend appropriate business continuity strategies to respond to various loss scenarios
- Onboard Business Unit Business Continuity Coordinators (“BC Coordinators”) to Corning’s business continuity processes, including advisement on the further build-out of their BCMS
- Initiate and follow up with BC Coordinators on regular review of BIAs, Risk Assessments and Plans
- Assist the business units and BC Coordinators in developing and running tabletop, semi-live and live exercises. • Contribute to the execution and governance of Corning’s overarching enterprise Business Continuity Management System
- Assist with the conceptualization, build-out and ongoing refreshes to Corning’s Business Continuity Center of Excellence, including SOPs, training, tools, templates and maturity assessments
- Assist each business unit in use of a third party or in-house system to deploy and maintain their BCMS
- Define and execute on plans for collecting and synthesizing key performance metrics to communicate program effectiveness
- Prepare and present clear and succinct reports and presentations to various stakeholder groups
- Coordinate with staff peers on BCMS linkage to the Corporate Crisis Response Procedure and process.