Business Continuity Planning Analyst, AVP
- Published: Tuesday, 13 February 2018 10:49
Location: UK, London
An opportunity within the Global Continuity Services group supporting the GCS Programme has become available reporting to the GCS EMEA Programme Manager in London.
The successful candidate will support a comprehensive programme of continuity controls providing support for developing recovery strategy, testing of recovery plans covering physical threat and technology loss as well as supporting incident management across the region.
Additional responsibilities relate to supporting third party risk management, corporate information security and recovery and resolution planning programmes partnering with subject matter experts in those fields.
Support allocated business areas in developing Business Impact Analysis documents and recovery plans, including crisis management teams.
Provide guidance on the testing of continuity plans covering loss of site, staff, business applications, internal and external dependencies in line with Corporate planning standards.
Serve as a team on-call supervisor for incident management and support the EMEA Crisis Management Teams including scheduling crisis conference calls, supporting emergency communications, preparing and distributing status updates, ensuring execution of action items, and creating post-incident reports, etc.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Provide ongoing monitoring of developing situations
- Be able to support incidents of both a physical and technological nature working with appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Be able to provide quick and accurate internal communications during business incidents.
- Must be willing to provide support for incidents outside of office hours in line with possible disruptions.
Support simulation exercises and training and awareness initiatives.
Increase understanding of appropriate solutions in line with criticality of business operations, and provide guidance to business groups.
Develop understanding of in house Business Continuity Planning Tool in order to business areas and ensure effective recording of plans and test results.
Work Business Continuity Directors (BCD) to ensure strong compliance with Corporate Continuity Standards and provide updates to senior management on any risks or compliance gaps.
Provide a proactive approach in the analysis of any material organisational changes that could have impacts on business areas continuity plans.
Identify and raise risks and issues where appropriate in the Issues Management Tracking Tool and tracking known issues to resolution in a timely manner.
Lead / support ad hoc business continuity projects as required.
Support internal audit requests.
Support related programmes by collaborating with Subject Matter Experts on third party risk management, corporate information security and recovery and resolution planning.
Build strong relationships with members of the Business Continuity community across the EMEA business region and Global Continuity Services globally.
Contribute to client due diligence requests and deliver client presentations in collaboration with Global Continuity Services as appropriate
- Proven financial services industry experience in business continuity, operations, risk, audit or compliance
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization effectively across the EMEA region and globally
- Possess leadership skills necessary to provide incident management support, continuity oversight, and education / awareness training
- Ability to assess an event from a business unit and corporate perspective by understanding relative priorities and cross-unit / location interdependencies.
- Strong project management skills (Prince 2 certified or similar).
- The ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Organized and with attention to detail.
- Business continuity certification preferred, but not essential
- Strong analytical, communication, research and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and collaborative tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail.