Director Of Business Continuity Management
- Published: Wednesday, 28 February 2018 09:32
Location: US, Chicago, Illinois
Company: William Blair
The Director of Business Continuity Management will lead the implementation and management of the BCM Program at William Blair, coordinating Emergency Response, Crisis Management, IT Disaster Recovery (DR) and Business Continuity. The Director will provide overall leadership for the Program and work closely with Business Unit Managers and business functions including Legal and Compliance, IT, Information Security, Facilities, Human Resources, Communications and Security. The Director will build strong relationships with key stakeholders, executives and program participants across the firm and secure organizational commitment for continued strategic and tactical support for the Program.
- Define and operationalize the BCM Program components for the Firm and engage BCM Steering Committee members as required to operate Program components
- Engage with different lines of business and corporate functions across the Firm to prioritize and conduct continuity risk assessments and impact analyses, facilitate risk mitigation plans, and drive the development of robust business recovery and continuity plans
- Provide leadership and subject-matter expertise on crisis management planning and execution and develop and maintain highly functional Emergency Response, Crisis Management, and Business Continuity plans
- Collaborate with senior IT Leads to facilitate the development and maintenance of IT DR Plans
- Develop comprehensive and integrated exercises to test and update the plans regularly
- Develop or acquire training materials to train and regularly refresh critical firm personnel (plan actors) and others
- Establish sound governance processes, policies, procedures, and best practices to keep all Program components aligned, current, relevant, actionable, and auditable
- Work with the Enterprise Risk Team to ensure Business Continuity risks are sufficiently identified, assessed, mitigated, and reported
- Monitor emerging BCM practices and technology tools for potential adoption at the Firm
- Provide regular reports, dashboards, and scorecards on the operational status of the Program to the BCM Steering Committee and a variety of stakeholders and Program participants
- Identify and escalate key Program risks to the BCM Steering Committee and facilitate their resolution.