Business Continuity Specialist
- Published: Tuesday, 27 February 2018 13:32
Location: US, Merrill, WI
Company: Church Mutual Insurance Company
Develop, maintain, and administer Business Continuity Management (BCM) strategy, plans, data, and infrastructure through the leadership of decentralized BCM resources to ensure timely and orderly restoration of business activities in the event of a business interruption. Support the overall ERM framework implementation and maintenance.
- Develop and implement the BCM program roadmap and operational framework harnessing best practices and building on existing response and recovery capabilities.
- Manage the BCM cycle via complete risk analysis, business impact analysis (BIA), BCM plan oversight, BCM plan assessment and evaluation for all CM Group internal departments and outsourced partners.
- Establish testing methodologies to assure recovery procedures are effective for the restoration of key corporate resources and for the resumption of critical business functions in a disaster situation.
- Coordinate business continuity documentation and maintenance updates, exercises, and independent review and validation.
- Develop and deliver a formal and continuous BCM awareness program.
- Manage and maintain BCM technology infrastructure including the BCM crisis communication tool and a shared website for plan materials and supporting documents.
- Partner with other departments to review BCM capabilities of critical outsourced partners.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of tools, practices, and policies to analyze, report and manage enterprise risks, according to an ERM framework.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of current disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies as well as the methods used in performing risk analyses and business impact analyses.
- Ability to recognize risk to the organization and develop effective risk mitigation plans.
- Ability to maintain composure, level focus, and critical thinking in a time of crisis
- Proven interpersonal communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management and ability to make presentations.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, problem solving, and analysis.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage resources to achieve specific timelines.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel occasionally to other CM Group office locations as required.
- Ability to provide 24/7 on call support for any emergency situation.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Equivalent education and/or years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- One or more of the following designations are preferred: Certified Business Continuity Auditor (CBCA), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate of Risk Management (ARM), Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP).
- 5 or more years of experience in business continuity, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the insurance industry.
Church Mutual Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity employer.