Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) Manager
- Published: Friday, 09 March 2018 15:20
Location: UK, Cheshire
Company: Capita Data and Communications Company
Capita Data and Communications Company (DCC) is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India. Capita was awarded the DCC Licence in October 2013 as part of the UK government’s smart metering programme. This was set up to enable the roll out of over 53m smart meters across the UK by 2020.
The DCC is actively seeking a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) Manager for the opportunity to join this prestigious programme.
In delivering a successful DCC service the successful candidate will ensure that there is a fully integrated and effective end-to-end Business Continuity Management System framework which reflects the business requirements of Industry Users.
In the role of BCDR Manager you will work closely with DCC suppliers, design and testing teams to ensure that the resilience of DCC’s processes, systems and platforms are properly validated and that the audit discipline is maintained through enduring operations. This is an exciting opportunity in a highly dynamic environment with a multi-layered systems landscape making the task of maintaining BCDR integrity all the more challenging.
The DCC’s infrastructure and supply chain is complex and you will need the strategic ability and leadership credentials to build a strong consensus on the BCDR approach, plus ensure that the BCMS reflects the policy wishes of the UK Regulator. Similarly you will be expected to absorb a significant amount of information to ensure that testing scope is judiciously and efficiently set. You will have an appreciation of the technical aspects of this infrastructure and possess BCDR experience in a similarly scaled environment, ideally within the energy Industry.
- Lead the implementation of the business continuity management system (BCMS) to conform to ISO 22301:2012
- Operate & manage the BCMS and BCDR plans
- Work with internal functions and Service Providers to define, maintain and monitor appropriate continuity, resiliency, and recovery solutions to meet BCDR expectations
- Complete and maintain risk assessments and business impact analysis (BIA) to identify vulnerable areas within the Services’ critical functions
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee implementation of policies, procedures and associated plans for disaster recovery administration and business continuity based on industry-standard best practices (ISO 22301, ISO 27031, BCI good Practice Guidelines)
- Monitor and review Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) for IT systems and services
- Develop, establish and maintain Disaster Recovery procedures for the restoration of mission critical business applications in the event of catastrophic failure
- Maintain and drive forward continual improvement in respect to BCDR
- Recommend and implement disaster avoidance and impact mitigation strategies
- Produce monthly reports that detail the effectiveness of the BCM framework and plan
- Produce and deliver training and awareness materials
- Manage the annual DCC BCDR testing programme.