Corporate Services Specialist - Business Continuity
- Published: Tuesday, 13 March 2018 11:33
Location: UK, Bradford, West Yorkshire
Salary details: Competitive salary & excellent benefits package
Work level: Work Level 3
Job type: Full Time Permanent
Closing date: 23rd Mar 2018
About the role
Morrisons has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Services Specialist to provide support to and assist the Head of Business Continuity, this will involve:
- Develop, implement, maintain and ensure the ongoing continuous improvement of the Morrisons Business Continuity Management System and programme, deployed across the Group;
- Review and update existing contingency strategies and plans for identified critical business activities, products and services, working cross functionally to ensure that they are appropriate and enable Morrisons to meet its internal, external, legal and regulatory requirements;
- Support the business in simplifying and strengthening its ability to effectively respond to and manage significant business interruptions whilst ensuring the business is able to protect against any potential impact to its people, customers, revenue and reputation;
- Improve Morrisons overall capability to effectively cope with any issue relating to Business Continuity.
- Maintained and current subject matter expertise of Business Continuity processes and best practice;
- Detailed knowledge of the full Business Continuity lifecycle;
- Able to identify business interruption threats and propose opportunities or actions for mitigation;
- Ability to effectively promote and drive a consistent message regarding Business Continuity best practices;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and written skills;
- Strong analytical skills, able to transfer and analyse business and technology requirements appropriately;
- Proficient skills in technology and use of critical applications, including PC skills, Microsoft Office, Google;
- Organised, ability to prioritise work activities and manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong organisational, planning and project management skills, able to adjust to changing deadlines or priorities;
- Strong stakeholder management skills, ability to actively engage in a meaningful way at all levels;
- Strong influencing skills, ability to build trusted relationships with a broad range of stakeholders at all levels;
- Proactive attitude to self development and improvement of own skills, knowledge and subject matter expertise;
- A strong drive for excellence, quality and attention to detail.
- Desirable - maintained and valid Business Continuity Institute membership and accreditation;
- Experience of working within a retail industry and understanding of cross functional responsibilities;
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team, including cross functional teams;
To apply for the role go to: https://apply.morrisons.jobs/vacancies/vacancy-details.aspx?VacancyID=2989&Display=1
About the company
We’re passionate about providing quality, value and freshness from farm to fork. Putting our customers and colleagues first, our teams champion safety, quality, legality and integrity across every aspect of our business. We keep a close eye on everything to provide products and services our customers, stakeholders and communities can trust.
Caring about our customers and colleagues, we build our brand and put new ideas into action on Market Street. We audit stores and manage any incidents. We consult with government and agencies on new developments. We keep everyone safe and make sure everything is legal and top-notch quality from our logistics and manufacturing sites to our stores, suppliers and own-brand products.