Gigamon introduces ‘industry’s first pervasive visibility platform for public, private and hybrid clouds’
- Published: Wednesday, 23 November 2016 09:44
Gigamon Inc. has announced the general availability of what it claims is the industry’s first data-in-motion visibility platform for public, private and hybrid clouds. The solution enables organizations to gain consistent visibility across their corporate infrastructure. With native support for AWS, the Gigamon Visibility Platform provides consistent and elastic visibility to manage workloads and applications as they scale to public clouds.
Cloud architects, SecOps and DevOps teams can now obtain deep visibility into data-in-motion regardless of infrastructure location, whether owned on-premise or consumed in a public cloud such as AWS, thereby providing them with the same visibility required to perform content inspection and secure their mission critical workloads.
With escalating volumes of data and connected devices, enterprises are increasingly migrating mission critical applications and workloads to public clouds. Meeting security and compliance mandates requires the ability to gain visibility into network traffic in order to perform both proactive content inspection for intrusion detection, malware analysis, data loss prevention, customer experience management, as well as reactive content inspection for forensics and compliance.
The Gigamon Visibility Platform for Amazon EC2 offers:
- One consistent method to gain visibility into network traffic in a virtual private cloud (VPC), eliminating both the visibility gap and the need for custom agents;
- Ability to consolidate and distribute traffic to multiple tools for enhanced performance. Security teams can customise traffic sent to each security tool to increase its effectiveness;
- Advanced traffic intelligence functions including Gigamon’s patented Flow Mapping and GigaSMART applications - Sampling, Slicing, and Masking - to deliver only the traffic of interest to security tools, and in doing so, maximise their efficiency;
- An intuitive drag-and-drop user interface on GigaVUE-FM to quickly configure traffic policies;
- An agnostic platform, benefitting any security tool, management tool and application that needs network traffic for analysis and inspection;
- The flexibility to run security tools anywhere: on-premise, in the same AWS VPC, or in a centralised AWS VPC.