Druva announces advanced anomaly detection capabilities for enterprises
- Published: Monday, 13 February 2017 09:37
Druva has announced the availability of new monitoring and detection capabilities designed to proactively alert organizations to suspicious data activities triggered by potentially malicious threats. With these new enhancements, Druva’s data protection platform now offers enterprises a comprehensive solution to manage business data threats, like ransomware, from detection to recovery.
The new enhancements continually assess the unique characteristics of file changes and their types; assessing abnormal deletions, unusual file modifications and updates, and identifying a typically large numbers of file creations, all of which can be indicative of a malicious event. In the case of such an event, Druva will also pinpoint the last safest snapshot to recover from so that enterprises can recover their data with the highest degree of confidence. In doing so, and alerting IT when such an event occurs, businesses are better equipped to minimize the potential risk to the organization.
Enhanced features include:
- Automated alerts and insights: Druva alerts IT administrators when unusual data activity occurs across desktops, laptops, mobile devices and cloud applications, giving them the ability to quickly remediate and prevent potential security threats.
- Anomaly detection overview: a comprehensive set of trending charts and visualizations that track data activity and quickly identify catalysts of unusual behavior within data.
- Transparent view into data: access to granular per-user details such as file name, path, type, etc. to understand specifically what files are potentially at risk.
- Foolproof recovery: easily identify the last known good snapshot and recover the entire data set or individual files as needed.