Public consultation taking place on international organizational resilience standard
- Published: Monday, 25 April 2016 09:37
The public consultation process for the international standard ISO 22316 ‘Guidelines for organizational resilience’ is now open. BSI, the UK’s National Standards Body, is leading the consultation process in the UK and interested parties can register their comments online at: https://drafts.bsigroup.com/Home/Details/56251 UK comments are requested by 13th June 2016.
ISO 22316 is based upon BS 65000 Guidance for Organizational Resilience which provides an overview of resilience, describing the foundations required and explaining how to build resilience. It deals with an organization’s capacity to anticipate, respond and adapt – which could be crucial to its survival.
The aim of the consultation process for ISO 22316 is to develop an international best practice standard for organizational resilience and establish clear guidance for anyone wishing to take a proactive approach to help ensure that their organization passes the test of time. The draft has been compiled by global representatives from organizations across all sectors that make up the committee.
ISO 22316 can help:
- Clarify the nature and scope of resilience
- Identify the key components of resilience to enable an organization to review its resilience
- Implement and measure improvements
- Identify and recommend good practice already defined in existing standards and disciplines.