State of Resilience Report identifies many issues with IT resilience
- Published: Monday, 30 January 2017 09:21
Vision Solutions has released its 2017 State of Resilience report, detailing the findings of global surveys of IT professionals regarding key aspects of their organizations’ IT infrastructure.
Major outages, the explosive growth of data and new technology are among the IT challenges and opportunities examined in the report.
Key findings include:
- 84 percent of those surveyed had no recovery plan in place or were less than 100 percent confident that their recovery plan was complete, tested, and able to meet recovery time and recovery point objectives;
- Incidences of migration failure rose from 36 percent in 2014 to 44 percent in 2015 and 51 percent in 2016: a 42 percent increase;
- 70 percent of IT professionals with multiple databases had redundant data stored in them, but a quarter of those lacked processes to synchronize the data;
- IT professionals lack consensus about who is responsible for protecting data and applications in a public cloud; 43 percent believe it should be cloud providers while 39 percent believe that internal IT departments are responsible.
The full report can be downloaded after registration at: http://www.visionsolutions.com/2017SOR
In total, 1,598 IT professionals responded to this global survey set. Surveys were administered online, using web-based survey tools between June and August 2016.