Business Continuity Program Manager
- Published: Monday, 09 April 2018 07:52
Location: US, AZ, Scottsdale
The Program Manager, RIIMT Continuity of Operations at PayPal works closely with Resiliency, Incident and Issue Management Team (RIIMT) leaders, RIIMT team members, Internal Control Partners (ICPs), as well as Enterprise Risk, Compliance and Security team, customer-facing, incident management, security, and technology teams that represent key functional stakeholders in the preparedness aspects of Continuity of Operations management.
The individual must be, without a doubt, passionate about our customers, partners, stakeholders, and technology. Excellent interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills will be critical for success. Success depends on building rapport and credibility with multiple stakeholders across the organization. The candidate must be a strategic thinker that is naturally agile and flexible in fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Act as SME for continuity planning, providing guidance to Functional Areas (FA) coordinators and ICPs, and performing appropriate monitoring of FA implementation
- Share enterprise policies and frameworks that define how PayPal FAs should manage its continuity controls across the enterprise
- Support development of service agreements, responses, audits, reports and other activities
- Regularly review Continuity Planning and related program metrics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Ensure that leadership is aware of any issues before items are escalated
- Aid in maturing existing organization-wide continuity planning programs across FAs
- Partner with the FAs assigned to deploy the appropriate control environment
- Ensure assigned FAs have up-to-date, tested, and effective continuity plans that meet policies, standards and guidelines with full coverage
- Coordinate communication between assigned FA business and technology groups to ensure that technical recovery strategies meet business objectives
- Assist in incorporating Continuity Planning considerations in critical third-party relationships and coordination of third party due diligence activities
- Review vendor response in system of record, and provision of information to supported teams
- Influence business and technical leaders on the development of business/disaster recovery capabilities and processes
- Ensure coordination and validation of business/product/location impact analysis and recovery requirements across business units and technology platforms
- Support the RIMT Control Testing Program across PayPal
- Support and drive table-top or simulation testing, as needed, for high risk location or plans
- Take an active role in validating and supporting the Continuity Testing Program working with assigned FAs to help them with test objectives, scope and the execution of the tests.
- Work with Continuity Coordinators to help them with test objectives, scope and the execution of the tests
- Assist recovery support and business resumption staff during a disaster in the implementation of response and alternate operating strategies
- As a Quarterback (QB) for the global Critical Incident and Regional/Local Event Management teams (R/LEMT), rotate on-call responsibilities to manage business, technical and physical events that are causing significant disruption and risk
- Support local and regional teams to assess the correct classification of event and trigger the correct response teams, as applies
- While on-call, respond and open bridge lines within 10 minutes of alert notification sent from the system
- Draft after-action reports for events run for the LEMT or REMT in region supported
- Assist in driving visibility, within RIIMT and with supported FAs, on programs and departmental responsibilities
- Support the ongoing maintenance and refinement of the enterprise Continuity methodology, tools, and supporting artifacts
- Support access and configurations needed by customers in Continuity system of record and to comply with standards, guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Engage actively in responding to customer requests on DL, support queue, and other intake methods
- All other duties as required.