Senior Business Continuity Oversight Manager, VP
- Published: Tuesday, 12 June 2018 09:23
Location: UK, Edinburgh
Organization: State Street
The Senior Business Continuity Oversight Manager role will be responsible for ensuring that EMEA business unit continuity strategies and plans comply with the corporate program and control framework and continue to mature to further increase the resiliency of the organization. The role will require partnership with business continuity personnel across multiple business lines to oversee BCP activity and strategic planning with a focus on the build out of an increased resilience program for the UK initially. The role will require development of key relationships in the UK and across region and include interface requirements with senior management as well as regulators, clients and industry peers.
- Partner with Regional lead to define and set a strategy to assist in driving focus on improved operational resilience within the UK and EMEA and continuously evolve the program and standards to proactively respond to regulatory and business changes.
- Participate in regional industry groups, conferences to gain perspective and concepts to further evolve the program
- Establish and maintain an effective program in alignment with regional Laws and Regulations, partnering closely with regional Corporate Compliance Enterprise Risk to further develop touch points across multiple internal resilience programs
- Ensure each business unit has assigned appropriate resource with the proper skill set and suite of capabilities to meet the regional continuity needs, while in alignment with the global perspective
- Oversee, report and escalate on compliance and risks, working closely with the central Analytics and reporting team to further define and develop reporting requirements, process and change management procedures
- Partner with second and third lines of defense during assessments and ensure any remediation items are closed out within target timeframes
- Lead and coordinate major incidents in line with the regional team responsibilities and on call schedule
- Establish creditability across the region while holding business leaders primarily accountable for the quality and effectiveness of continuity plans and incident response
- Attend and present at any business / strategy related committee meetings where input / feedback is required from a continuity program perspective
- Meet and develop relationships with regulators and clients when requested to provide input or feedback on the corporate continuity program.