Business Continuity Lead
- Published: Tuesday, 12 June 2018 09:29
Location: US, VA, Arlington
STG is seeking a talented and experienced Business Continuity Lead to add to its team in support of the United States Postal Service Cybersecurity Program. This position is located in Falls Church, VA. The Preparedness Planning, Business Continuity and IT Disaster Recovery Team is responsible for develop CISO’s capability to prepare for, respond to, and recover from any event that disrupts, or threatens to disrupt, normal operations. The ideal candidate will have expertise in Business Continuity (ideally in the Information Technology or Information Security field) with exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Provides coordination support to the CISO Continuity Coordinator in the management of crisis and serious incidents affecting the welfare of CISO’s people and/or CISO’s critical business operations.
- Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of product and department Business Continuity Plans, working with business owners to ensure these plans remain valid and fit for purpose.
- Conduct regular functional assessments with teams and business owners to quantify Business Continuity requirements and identify required Business Continuity Plans enhancements.
- Coordinate the review, maintenance and testing of technology Disaster Recovery Plans for core infrastructure services, working with IT technicians and Infrastructure management to ensure these plans remain valid.
- Coordinate the emergency communications system used by CISO and ensure that all staff are appropriately covered by this system. Conduct regular testing to validate the effectiveness of this system.
- Work with functional partners to manage incidents that affect or may affect business operations.
- Promote awareness of Business Continuity policy, standards, plans, processes and arrangements.
- Collaborate with business and IT staff to understand strategic and tactical business, application, or service requirements, then translate those into Continuity Standards.