Business Continuity Management Advisor
- Published: Wednesday, 11 July 2018 10:21
Location: US, NJ, Jersey City
Support the Head, BCM US region, ensuring RBC businesses in the US (excluding RBC Bank & RBC Liberty) meet the maximum level of preparedness, conforming to RBC-FG, FINRA, SEC, OSFI and industry standards for Incident Management, Crisis Management, Business Continuity Planning (BCP) and Disaster Recovery Planning. Acts as a Centre of Expertise for this discipline. Supports high-level strategies and co-ordinates tactical planning and activities to achieve these ends. In tandem with business unit management, ensures Operational Risk is identified and mitigated to perfect a Business Continuity environment within the scope of area(s) of responsibility.
- Joint responsibility for the Business Continuity Management (BCM) Plan Development/Maintenance, Research, Reporting, Compliance, Testing, Communication and Incident Management for regions within a Business Line for all of the following units: Wealth Management, Functions, Global Capital Markets, and Global Technology & Operations
- Responsibility for communication and reporting processes re: Incident Management, Crisis Management, Business Continuity and Recovery Strategy within area(s) of responsibility
- Coordinates tactical activities of the regional BCM including:
- Business Impact Analysis (Business’s Activities Continuity Risk Assessment)
- BCP Plan Development, Documentation and Implementation including DRP review
- Identify areas of emerging risk
- Test, Verify and Perform GAP closure on all assigned business functions/units
- Creation of a BCP/Emergency Response Environment
- Support the local business units with specialized software (BCP Web)
- Ensures all Business Continuity Plans conform to platform-wide standards and coordinate reporting, compliance and testing within the Region for increased Business Line Readiness.
- Partnering with Regional/GU Business Line Executive to create, coordinate and maintain a multi-discipline Incident and Crisis Management Team to provide a resilient response for regional emergencies.
- Maintain a working relationship/liaison with local RBC Enterprise Incident/Crisis Management Teams
- Track outstanding audit items relative to the respective business lines, as they relate to BCM, assuring established timelines are met
- Secretary to the Business Line(s) Regional Crisis Management Team, maintaining a working relationship/liaison with other Crisis Management Teams.