Business Continuity and Resilience Manager, GSRS
- Published: Wednesday, 12 September 2018 10:12
Location: US, Various
As a Business Continuity and Resilience Manager in GSRS, you’ll be part of a global team working to ensure that Google is prepared and ready to manage large scale operational incidents effectively, with the least amount of impact on our business, users or brand. You’ll act as a trusted advisor for cross-product teams throughout their business continuity planning lifecycle. You will lead the business impact analysis, facilitate continuity planning, verify plan effectiveness via exercises, analyze risks and drive mitigations.
You will partner with various levels of the organization wearing multiple hats - you will advise leaders on their operational risk strategy, guide operational teams on their readiness, ensure response teams are prepared and coordinated, develop community partnerships and promote awareness among Googlers. You will also conduct reviews after an incident is closed to ensure learnings are gathered and corrective actions put in place. Additionally, you will be digging into the data around incidents and searching for trends, impact and possible improvements, realign Business Continuity strategies as needed.
From keeping Googlers safe and secure to managing disruptive events, the ability to anticipate, deter, detect, and act are the pillars of Google’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS) team. As a member of GSRS you will help develop a culture where safety, security and resiliency are integrated into every facet of Google, including the creative process. You will help us continually identify, evaluate and monitor enterprise risks that could affect business activities and provide business leaders the information they need to make critical decisions. You'll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create innovative strategies and develop best in class programs that drive sustainable effectiveness.
- Develop, execute, maintain and refine enterprise business continuity strategy and roadmap leveraging a common enterprise framework
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholder groups to conduct business impact analysis, facilitate development of continuity plans, conduct exercises to minimize risk while enabling strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain maturity roadmap, training, metrics and key performance indicators that demonstrate readiness, enable identification of gaps and improve resiliency
- Lead projects involving cross functional teams to develop new business continuity capability, remediate gaps, continuously monitor and improve resiliency to align with changing business needs
- Help drive the socialization, adoption, implementation, ongoing maintenance and evolution of the resiliency program across the enterprise.