Director, Global Business Continuity
- Published: Friday, 23 November 2018 10:15
Location: US, TX, Plano
The Director of Global Business Continuity will drive the strategy, vision, and execution of the Business Continuity Management program at McAfee. In this capacity there will be responsibility of the Emergency Response, Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity for McAfee. The Director will report to the Sr. Director of IT Business Strategy & Management Team.
The Director will provide overall leadership as well as being very hands on with the day to day operations for the Program and work closely with Business Unit service owners, VPs and GMs up to and potentially including our C level staff. The Director will build strong relationships with key stakeholders, executives and program participants across the company and secure organizational commitment for continued strategic and tactical support for the Program.
- Responsible for all aspects of McAfee’s Business Continuity Management Program (BCM) which includes the design, implementation, continual assessment and improvement of business continuity plans to ensure all core functions of the Company continue until normal operations/facilities are restored.
- Working with different lines of business and corporate functions to conduct Business Impact Assessments (BIAs) and drive the development of robust business recovery plans that include contingency planning for loss of people, loss of facilities, technology and vendor dependencies.
- Develop comprehensive and integrated exercises to test and update recovery plans on a regular basis. Works with other teams to ensure Business Continuity risks are sufficiently identified, assessed, mitigated, and reported. Serves as a primary liaison with internal and external auditors and federal regulators.
- Provides strategic thought leadership and subject-matter expertise on crisis management planning and execution.
- Establishes and proactively manages a sound business continuity framework (governance processes, policies, procedures, and best practices) to keep the BCM program components aligned, current, relevant, actionable, auditable and ensures all plans support business resumption within approved recovery time objectives (RTO’s) and recovery point objectives (RPO’s).
- Identifies most critical risks to the enterprise and details business impact. In collaboration with line of business and IT leaders, determines systems, business units and personnel which are most crucial to support core operations of the Company.
- Gains support from executive-level managers on business continuity plans.
- Develops appropriate communications for various audiences in support of BCM program. Establishes reports, dashboards and scorecards on the operational status and maturity of the program.
- Regularly conducts comprehensive realistic business disruption and catastrophic event simulations to assess plans and proactively identify weaknesses. Documents and reports on results of exercises. Closely partners with business and IT leaders to remediate weaknesses and conducts follow up testing to ensure appropriate outcomes.