Technology Governance and Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Tuesday, 04 December 2018 09:49
Location: US, Midlothian, VA
Agency: Seneca Resources
- Collaborate with business unit management and Information Technology (IT) to identify and maintain records of critical business processes and their related systems, and establish acceptable recovery time periods (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) for each function/system. Ensure corresponding documentation is maintained in IT Configuration Management Database (CMDB), as appropriate, to meet business continuity needs.
- Collaborate with Process Improvement team and business units to ensure periodic reviews of critical processes are conducted to identify significant changes (i.e. staffing, systems, processes, facilities, etc.) that may impact recovery procedures, backup capabilities, or other aspects of business continuity plans.
- Collaborate with Physical Security and/or Facilities, as needed, to monitor the effectiveness of BC/DR procedures in concert with evacuation and other crisis response drills. Based on test results, work with various team leaders and managers to ensure that recovery procedures are effective for the continuation of critical business processes and are revised and strengthened as necessary.
- Drive efforts to ensure the creation and maintenance by IT of appropriate documentation supporting technology recovery strategies and technical DR plans and procedures. Review and provide guidance on the scope, methodologies, results and documentation of regular DR and recovery testing.
- Review, assess reasonableness of, and maintain a library of individual departments specific business continuity procedures and supporting documents, which are not part of the broader, credit-union wide Business Continuity Plan.
- Support Physical Security, IT management, and/or Facilities, as needed, in their monitoring of conditions to determine and prepare for the increased likelihood of business interruptions, such as extreme weather or other serious unexpected events that threaten the loss or usability of a facility for an extended period of time.
- Develop and maintain appropriate policies related to the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Program, and ensure they evolve and expand to meet the changing needs of the organization.