Manager, Digital Resiliency
- Published: Monday, 07 January 2019 14:42
Location: US, Farmington, Connecticut (USA), but open to remote candidates that are US Citizens
Company: United Technologies Corporation
Who are we?
With revenues of approximately $57 billion, United Technologies Corporation (UTC) is a Fortune 50 company that provides high technology products and services for the aerospace and commercial building industries. Our aerospace businesses include Pratt & Whitney and UTC Aerospace Systems. Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines. UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products.
Our commercial building businesses include Otis Elevator and Climate, Controls & Security. Otis is the world’s largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems. These companies are leading to safer, smarter, sustainable and high-performance buildings.
Ranked among the world’s greenest companies, we do business in virtually every country of the world and have over 196,000 employees globally.
The Digital Resiliency Manager will work closely with UTC business unit management, and digital technology teams to support the global Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Critical Event programs. The candidate must be well-rounded with proven business continuity and Crisis management expertise along with strong communication and project management skills. Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the assessment, development, and implementation of business continuity programs
- Participate in development of strategic roadmap and project development related to resiliency and business continuity
- Lead, guide and assist in the creation, testing, and maintenance of business continuity plans including business impact analysis (BIA), disaster recovery plans (DRP), business continuity plans (BCP), crisis management plans, playbooks etc.
- Coordinate and conduct Scenarios workshops, tabletop exercises, and Wargames with business units to evaluate business processes, recovery sites, emergency notifications, and crisis communications
- Manage and administer the business impact analysis process to prioritize business function recovery by assessing quantitative and qualitative impacts of potential disruptions; share results with key stakeholders
- Provide business continuity consulting, guidance, and recommendations to senior leadership
- Develop and monitor metrics to ensure leadership awareness and ownership of Business Unit preparedness, while meeting service level agreements
Required experience and skills:
- 5 years of experience in business continuity planning, disaster recovery, crisis/emergency management, tabletop exercises or comparable professional roles
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and project management skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to develop positive relationships and effectively communicate with Leaders, Business managers and IT operations employee
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage multiple high-priority deliverables in a fast paced environment
- Experience developing and presenting Business continuity/Crisis risk performance metrics and reporting dashboards for executive, business and technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field or equivalent.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), or Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP)
US Citizen or US Person required.