Senior Manager, Business Resiliency Management
- Published: Friday, 11 January 2019 13:52
Location : UAE, Dubai
The Business Resiliency Management (BRM) organization develops and helps implement Marsh & McLennan Companies' business continuity planning in order to maintain the well-being of employees, protect assets, and provide continued service for clients during business disruptions.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of BRM in our Dubai office to develop, coordinate, implement and provide advice, reporting and services on a variety of risk management issues, primarily focused on Business Resiliency in the Middle East countries and adjacent countries in Europe and Africa. This position reports into the Business Resiliency Region Head (EMEA).
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provide overall direction and oversight for the MMC Global BRM program to support and maintain a strong business resiliency, preparedness and response environment across MMC.
- Maintain, update, validate business impact assessments (BIAs) to identify critical applications/systems and recovery capabilities and priorities
- Coordinate actions to mitigate business continuity risks associated with offices, functions and operations to maintain the well-being of employees, protect assets, and provide continued service for clients during business disruptions
- Participates in the development, implementation and maintenance of business resiliency plans, policies and procedures across all assigned business units; Supports recovery team leaders in planning, maintaining and implementing active recovery plans.
- Coordinate delivery of Global BRM program training and awareness activities across areas of responsibility.
- Regularly assesses recovery capability, through reviews, testing and exercising, and reports on business resiliency status to stakeholder groups.
- Coordinate activities with the functions/groups that play a role in crisis management, including updates to crisis management documentation and facilitation of crisis management testing and exercising.
- Coordinates and facilitates 24x7 crisis management and incident response efforts.
- Supports the management of contracts with outside vendors and consultants in support of business resiliency management to provide effective resiliency recovery solutions.
- Oversees business resiliency management initiatives consistent with goals and objectives of various operating companies and systems strategies under the direction of the Region Head.
- Facilitates ongoing relationships with line of business, regional business or functional leadership, ensuring awareness of issues and fully engaged in their resolution.
- Coordinates with other BRM and business regional resources to support a consistent approach to the efficient use and application of business resiliency resources and standards.
- Support the governance, project management and quality management activities of the MMC Global BRM program.
- College degree in Business Administration, Technology or related field required
- 5-10 years in a Business Resiliency or comparable position. Five years at a supervisory level
- Certified Business Continuity Planner (CBCP) or equivalent certification.
- Background and experience in crisis management, emergency response, disaster recovery, business process analysis and risk management.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to provide team with a clear sense of direction.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy and results focused.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to effectively interact with colleagues at all levels.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language, as spoken in the assigned region
- Member of the Business Continuity Institute (BCI), Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) or similar professional body.
To apply please email Amani Al Sheikh at Amani.Al-Sheikh@marsh.com