Associate Director, Business Continuity
- Published: Thursday, 31 January 2019 20:11
Location: US, DC, Washington
The Associate Director, Business Continuity position is located in the Washington, DC headquarters and resides in the Office of Administration (OA). This key role will work in coordination with the Chief Risk Officer and the Director of Information Technology to develop, maintain, test and implement business continuity and disaster recovery strategies and solutions, including participating in risk assessments for impact analysis, and the development and documentation of business continuity and disaster recovery procedures for OA. This position will report to the Director of Facilities and work directly with Finance and Human Resources leaders within OA to gain an understanding of OA specific operating procedures and help develop recovery plans to enable OA to manage and recover from a crisis event.
- Collaborate with the Chief Risk Officer on the development, implementation, and testing of OA Business Continuity Plans (BCPs).
- Drive efforts for multiple functions within OA to define, develop, implement and test BCPs.
- Engage with different functions within OA to understand the risk and impact by collaborating with OA stakeholders to identify enterprise risks associated with business disruption and develop effective strategies to recover the business operations.
- Educate and train functional areas on conducting Business Impact Analysis (BIA's) and how to leverage the BIA outputs to develop BCPs.
- Assist with communication programs focused on raising awareness of OA’s BCP and educating participants on the role of Associate Director, Business Continuity.
- Further develop and enhance a high-performance culture with accountability throughout OA; mentor, develop and coach an engaged team.
- Manage and improve business continuity and disaster recovery solutions with OA employees and vendors; develop contract statement of works and collaborate with procurement to award business continuity vendor contracts; manage relationships with vendors of disaster recovery services and facilities; research and recommend outside services for use in the event of a disaster.
- Report to senior management on BCP activities, potential risks and preparedness.
- Lead the annual review of BCPs and informing functional areas of updates and changes. Semi-annually conduct a comprehensive assessment to ascertain the program effectiveness and report results to senior management.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
- Monitor and track program compliance and effectiveness by developing metrics for management awareness of business continuity program state of readiness. Assist in reporting on OA’s BCP status, activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations. Establish reports, dashboards and scorecards on the operational status and maturity of the program. Develop and coordinate schedules for BCP program deliverables.
- Recommend, develop, document and maintain testing methodologies, processes and procedures for BCP; conduct exercises/tests of the BCP and follow-up on lessons learned.
- Respond to disruptions or event situations in an organized and comprehensive manner, and drive ongoing improvement in continuity procedures and mitigation strategies. Provide subject matter expertise as required to assist in the recovery and restoration effort. Participate in the Post Incident Review, as required.
- Maintain an understanding of IT disaster recovery planning and procedural documentation.