Business Continuity Management Officer
- Published: Monday, 04 February 2019 10:41
Location: Canada, AB, Westlock
Company: Westlock Provincial Building
The North Zone Business Continuity Management Officer (BCMO) position will serve as a central point for BCM activities; coordination, development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation to further support BCM Policy and BCM Framework objectives, in alignment with AHS values, mission, vision, policies, and BCM Program objectives. The Zone BCMO position is recognized as knowledgeable and confident in the fields of BCM and Emergency Disaster planning, preparedness and response. While working independently and in a team environment, the Zone BCMO provides operational, leadership, mentorship and specialized BCM Subject Matter Expertise to AHS Support Structure and Interested Parties – ensuring goals and objectives of the BCM Policy and BCM Program are understood, supported and all BCM planning activities follow a consistent approach.
- Collection and analysis of risks and hazards impacting sites (internal or external) and potential business or departmental impacts, dependencies, recovery resource requirements and objectives
- Recommended continuity, mitigation and recovery strategies/solutions and assist with their documentation and implementation
- Development and implementation of Departmental BCPs and Site Recovery Plans; Transitional Plan (i.e., prior to Sustainment Phase “Operations”), noting responsibilities
- Training, test, exercise schedules, ongoing training, testing, exercising of plans, and test, exercise, incident reports and recommendations; and, Ongoing continual improvement and maintenance support
- Will provide leadership, support and assistance to BCM Program, Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC), Zone Emergency Operations Centre (ZEOC), Site Command Post (SCP), Strategic Partners and Zone departments and site. Including: Development, implementation and sustainment of BCM competencies and cultural awareness
- Provide feedback to the development/improvement of BCM foundational and system elements
- Participate in Zone E and DM Committees, working groups, program-building exercises and build relationships with Zone EMOs and Directors
- Direct support to assigned Strategic Partners and assigned Zone departments and sites queries, educational opportunities, orientation, and facilitation techniques
- During ZEOC and SCP activations, provide support either virtually or physically (possibly outside of regular business hours).