Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Thursday, 07 February 2019 10:26
Location: US, CA, San Francisco
Company: Varo Money
Varo Money is seeking to launch a Bank that delivers more affordable traditional financial products, provides leading edge innovation and helps consumers manage their financial lives more effectively and with minimal friction. When organized, the Bank will be a national retail bank. Varo’s business model combines a traditional relationship banking approach with modern technology to create a better banking experience backed by robust controls and sound risk management. The Bank’s primary products will be offered through mobile, online and phone based banking channels and will include traditional banking products such as DDAs, savings accounts, CDs, unsecured installment loans and lines of credit, credit cards, home equity loans and brokered mortgages integrated with financial health tools on the smart phone to help customers solve every day financial problems and achieve better financial outcomes. Varo has raised $78M to date led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
You will be asked to build the business continuity/disaster recovery program for Varo that will require the following experience and skills:
- Evaluation of applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines to determine impact on Varo and ability to make changes to Varo’s programs as required.
- Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry specific change initiatives.
- Assess risks to business operations through business impact assessments.
- Test documented business continuity/disaster recovery strategies and plans.
- Write reports to summarize testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions and recommendations.
- Create business continuity and disaster recovery budgets.