Sr. Manager- Business Continuity & Crisis Management
- Published: Friday, 08 March 2019 09:08
Location: US, NY, New York
CS&BC is a department within the larger Corporate Services Department, which provides a broad range of administrative and strategic support to all lines of business globally. The business continuity function within the company is well established and resourced.
The Business Continuity Planning Manager reports to the Global Business Continuity Manager, is a member of the Corporate Security and Business Continuity Department (CS&BC) and works closely with organization stakeholders to develop, implement and manage Moody’s Business Continuity Management (BCM) program. Works with other CS&BC team members, senior management and key business and IT leaders to conduct business impact analyses, risk assessments and develop business continuity and crisis management plans. Also plans and directs the testing of crisis management teams, business plans, contingency procedures and work area recovery exercises.
This position supports the on-going development and management of the corporate BCM program using methods which are consistent with Moody’s internal policies and recognized industry and professional practices.
Requires a successful track record in organizing, training and coaching business continuity teams in large enterprises, and measuring the effectiveness of the overall business continuity program through exercises or managing real events. Must also have a practical understanding and expert working knowledge of business continuity principles, practices and their methods of implementation.
Core Project Management skills are required for implementation (project scope definition and planning through delivery) of complex mission critical programs. Responsible for facilitating internal project team requirements and communications, trade-offs.
Additional responsibilities, exercised under the direction and supervision of the Business Continuity Team Leader, include:
- Regional Management of North Americas locations planning and invocation
- Communicates risk factors to senior management and develops appropriate mitigation strategies by involving all relevant stakeholders
- Directs corporate wide contingency planning/business continuity efforts.
- Coordinates training, communication and testing of plans.
- Shared administration of the emergency alert notification system and hotlines
- Supports/ facilitates recovery effort at time of disaster to recover the company's critical business functions.
- Directs validation, maintenance and testing of documented business continuity and crisis management plans.
- Identification of Key Performance Indicators to benchmark and assess critical suppliers contingency plans
- Responds to internal and external requests related to business recovery requirements and business continuity status reporting.