Sr. Manager, Network and Data Center Resiliency
- Published: Tuesday, 12 March 2019 10:20
Location: US, Philadelphia, PA
The individual will be responsible for managing Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) activities for Comcast's network and critical infrastructure (policy, planning, implementation and operation, performance assessment, management review, improvement, and documentation providing auditable evidence). This position will report to the Director Business Continuity/Disaster Response for TPX, and simultaneously support the activities that will be reported to the Business Continuity Office (BCO).
- Lead Comcast Cable's information technology disaster recovery (IT DR) documentation and compliance efforts for transport, CRAN, the access network, and critical infrastructure/locations that support these technologies.
- Participate in the development or refinement of policies and procedures related to network and critical infrastructure resiliency standards and DR strategies.
- Manage the continuous evolution of Comcast's network and critical infrastructure related DR risk modeling and compliance strategies.
- Provide expertise and DR requirements to colleagues across the company who are building new solutions or products.
- Represent TPX in building long-term roadmaps for improving network and critical infrastructure DR and resiliency postures.
- Understand and identify the legal/ regulatory requirements of customers (Business Services customers and syndication partners) as it pertains to network and critical infrastructure DR requirements, necessary plans, testing, risk identification, risk mitigation, and documentation.
- Partner closely with teams in the BCO and Business Services to support the completion of end-to-end resiliency analyses of Comcast products, as well as the tools and systems that support their operations.
- Develop methodologies and tools for evaluating the criticality and resiliency of network components, devices, and critical infrastructure.
- Register risks identified in assessments, and support the reporting efforts to Senior Leadership Team on the determination and selection of continuity strategies.
- Monitor and report on whether all relevant network components, devices, and critical infrastructure have dynamic continuity plans commensurate with their level of criticality to key business processes
- Support the documentation of procedures on how technology teams will communicate, manage, respond, and recover from disruptive incidents impacting operations.
- Develop exercise/test scenarios and coordinate with Stakeholders to test components of end-to-end resiliency for technologies, products, or services.
- Gather auditable BC/DR information and metrics that will be reviewed by necessary customers.
- Provide information on relevant DR posture/metrics to Business Services or the BCO to support BC/DR annual due diligence inquiries from current customers, and related RFP requests from prospective customers
- Develop observable risks to support the summary report delivered to Corporate/ Cable's for the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process and board reporting.
- Establish strong relationships with counterparts in NBCU, Spectacor, and Sky to identify common risks (if applicable), share best practices, and improve processes.
- Provide reporting on project and program support
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.