Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Thursday, 14 March 2019 09:17
Location: UK, Halifax
Agency: Technet IT Recruitment Limited
A European leading insurance company is looking for an experienced Business Continuity Manager responsible for ensuring objectives regarding Business Continuity are met and that it fulfils its legal, contractual and business-related requirements for data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- To manage and continuously improve the Business Continuity (BC) capability across IT and the UK business operations (1800+ staff, 3 Primary and 4 regional sites).
- To provide input and assistance with the IT-DR capability.
- Coordinate BC activity, e.g. assisting business units in planning, business impact assessments and testing, to recommending recovery strategies and options.
- Report the status of the Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) (e.g. KRIs, Process Issues and Risks, Test Outcomes etc.) to the Senior Data Centre Manager, the executive board, appropriate governance bodies and senior business stakeholders.
- Provide leadership in coordinating, assessing, developing and communicating recovery environment requirements and contingency plans to protect the Company in the event that key resources are unavailable due to a disruption.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the response capability and risk mitigation of business interruption events.
- Manages BC capability improvement projects, audits and BC tests to ensure compliance with policies: working closely with the Senior Data Centre Manager to ensure IT-DR meets the requirements of the business.
- Ensure appropriate Contractual and Technical Controls and Protocols are in place, maintained and continuously improved.
- Work with IT Security specialists to administer Business Continuity Systems, ensuring they are maintained, and that any faults are investigated and resolved in a timely manner.
- To facilitate and organise the tactical and strategic response capabilities during a business continuity incident.