Sr. Manager, Business Continuity
- Published: Thursday, 14 March 2019 09:42
Location: US, AR, Bentonville
The Senior Manager of Emergency Preparedness and Planning will provide management expertise and strategic guidance for Walmart Inc. Emergency Preparedness programs.
- Identifies and designs strategies and programs to address known threats by analyzing risk assessment results to identify areas of improvement in emergency preparedness and planning; analyzing specific incident responses and processes to identify lessons learned and improve risk and mitigation plans; participating in monitoring areas that affect the safety and security of associates and internal assets; and designing, developing, and implementing an associate awareness program about emergency management.
- Creates company awareness and proficiency concerning emergency preparedness and planning necessary to maintain and/or restore company operations in the event of an emergency by managing, developing, and delivering plans and procedures and associated training and exercise programs in emergency preparedness and planning; evaluating training content and making necessary revisions and improvements to address gaps; managing the maintenance of divisional and company emergency operations procedures and processes; and managing the design, development, and implementation of applicable policies and procedures to achieve deliverables, projected time frames and budget requirements, and customer service.
- Serves in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) command post by supporting or leading disparate organizations through crisis event; executing company emergency preparedness procedures, response, and recovery plans; translating executive guidance into actionable emergency response and recovery procedures; and collecting and disseminating information from associates and external stakeholders at all levels, including the executive leadership.
- Establishes relationships necessary to prepare for and/or respond to emergency situations by identifying and maintaining collaborative partnerships with internal and external organizations; providing guidance to internal business partners on emergency preparedness and response processes and procedures that enable the business to minimize disruptions; developing and maintaining rapport with all levels of management; creating an environment that provides customer service for internal and external partners and customers; and benchmarking other organizations to search for value-added emergency preparedness and planning services and key partners for the company.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.