Senior Manager, Crisis Management & Resilience
- Published: Thursday, 14 March 2019 16:53
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Organization: Crisis Shield
Are you a trusted advisor with strong experience and expertise in crisis management and resilience?
- Start immediately in this full-time ongoing role with our small, nimble and fun team in Melbourne CBD office
- Bring your crisis management and resilience expertise to client engagements spanning medium and large organisations across diverse industries including higher education, health and aged care, manufacturing, transport, entertainment and travel
- Build your leadership experience supporting the Managing Director and leading small teams
About the role
Our clients face a range of serious adverse events, from industrial accident, operational disruption, natural disaster and terrorism, to cyber attack, product failure, malfeasance and scandal.
This is a key role in the dynamic Crisis Shield team, working across diverse industries.
You’ll help clients anticipate, prevent, prepare for, respond to, recover and learn from issues, incidents and crises. You’ll also help the Managing Director lead the team, supervise staff, make business decisions, and oversee engagements in progress across crisis, communications, emergency and security management.
You’ll help clients prepare for high-consequence risk events. When clients face crises, you’ll give expert advice and support, helping them navigate the complex challenges and demands these situations bring.
Working in our crisis management practice area, your engagements will include:
- conducting crisis preparedness assessments/audits
- developing crisis management policies, frameworks, plans and procedures
- developing and facilitating crisis management training and exercises
- conducting post-exercise and post-incident/crisis evaluation and reporting
- providing on-call advice and support for real issues, incidents and crises.
You’re a dynamic business professional, who thrives leading and working in small teams and independently. You enjoy developing yourself, mentoring others, and laughing with colleagues.
You understand commercial environments and have 4+ years’ experience as a consultant or in-house, developing and delivering programs in crisis management or related fields (emergency, security, business continuity, risk management).
You have a client service mindset and drive for continuous quality improvement, meeting client expectations and managing engagement scope.
You’re an experienced, confident advisor, trainer and facilitator, who thinks, speaks and writes clearly in plain English style.
Want to know more?
If this sounds like you and you want to know more, get in touch by email or phone for a copy of the detailed Position Description, then send us your cover letter and CV to apply.
About Crisis Shield
At Crisis Shield we’re a small, agile team that lives and breathes crisis management and crisis communication.
Our clients are private, government and not-for-profit organisations facing high-consequence risk events that can threaten their people, operational continuity, regulatory compliance, financial performance, reputation and stakeholder relationships.
Working at both strategic and operational levels, we deliver consulting and training services that help our clients anticipate, prepare for, respond to, recover and learn from issues, incidents and crises.
Our work spans crisis, crisis communication and media, emergency, business continuity, security and risk management fields.
We are committed to quality outcomes, evidenced by our certified quality management system. We expect all our employees to know and work according to our company policies and procedures, including Quality Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Privacy and Confidentiality – our Employee Handbook expresses these and other guidelines.
To apply contact:
Crisis Shield Office
Phone: +61 3 9602 4310
Applications close 29th March 2019
Crisis Shield is not accepting applications from recruiters for this role.