Director, Business Resiliency
- Published: Friday, 05 April 2019 09:24
Location: US, VA, McLean
Company: Freddie Mac
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) is responsible for independent oversight and assessment of the company’s financial and non-financial risks. Within ERM, the Business Resiliency Risk Team is responsible for providing 2nd line of defense (2LOD) oversight of the enterprise’s business resiliency associated with all the operating activities of Freddie Mac. The primary responsibilities of the Business Resiliency Risk Director include setting the enterprise BR policy and standards, aligning and maintaining to the enterprise risk framework, monitoring and reporting aggregated risk and risk treatments, performing risk review and evaluation to identify & treat risks and enable business objectives & decision making, and driving continuous improvement of business resiliency risk management capabilities across businesses and divisions.
- Driving the design and implementation of business continuity planning risk methodology and capabilities across Freddie Mac to manage risk efficiently and effectively in conjunction with corporate strategic objectives.
- Drive and execute business resiliency risk oversight agenda as part of the risk transformation objectives, across governance, enterprise and divisional policy, standards, procedures, risk assessment and treatment, testing, and metrics & reporting.
- Establish and rationalize business resiliency risk related policies, standards and procedures at enterprise level, and review divisional policy and procedures for alignment and adherence.
- Understand industry trends and best practices: engage with the industry and broader ecosystem to understand industry trends, create business cases for best practices and implement changes.
- Work across the three-lines of defense to ensure business resiliency risk is properly mitigated and that business continuity is maintained 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Develop and establish the profile and reporting requirements regarding business continuity planning.
- Conduct independent risk reviews of the technology function as it relates to business resiliency management and recommend corrective actions.
- Provide leadership and direction across enterprise for proper planning, execution and escalation for business resiliency risk across all businesses and divisions.
- Be key partner with the 1st-line business resiliency program team to mature risk management capabilities.
- Partner with operational risk leads to evaluate specific BR risks, controls, issues, and/or risk responses and support the divisions’ evaluation of BR risk.
- Mitigate technology risk as it relates to business continuity planning - sustainability, change management and disaster recovery.
- Lead oversight of enterprise wide BR initiatives and programs