Director, Business Unit Risk and Control - Business Continuity
- Published: Wednesday, 08 May 2019 10:02
Location: US, NC, Charlotte
This role leads the execution of the business continuity and crisis management programs for the Client Services’ areas within TIAA Client Services & Technology (CS&T). This individual is responsible for managing and maturing the Business Continuity Program within CS&T. This individual is also responsible for coordinating crisis management activities across CS&T, including acting as a liaison between the business and the Corporate Business Continuity program and between CS&T and other lines of business.
This role also requires a deep understanding of risk management practices. This person will require a high degree of insight into not only the financial markets and industry practices, but must understand interdependencies across the business areas and the overall TIAA enterprise. A strong understanding of the evolution of the industry and how the organization must adapt to sustain its competitive advantage is a must. Operational execution with a focus on action and accomplishing results; establishes appropriate plans / goals, demonstrates a strong commitment to organizational success, is able to identify and access resources across the company to accomplish projects, and handles multiple projects simultaneously.
- This individual will also be required to face off with the Business Area Executive and senior leaders to provide broad and deep business continuity, business and technical acumen to recommend and direct implementation solutions that manage resiliency risk to protect a specific business area’s operations, resources, assets, and critical suppliers
- Ensuring that CS&T develop and maintain Business Impact Analyses, viable Business Continuity Plans that adhere to CBC requirements; including attestation by company officers and process owners, reflect organization and resource changes in a sufficiently timely manner, align with business priorities, and adhere to the Enterprise Risk Appetite Statement
- Ensuring that CS&T complies with documented requirements for recovery team members; including participation in business continuity training, business continuity exercises, business continuity plan activations, and identifying and documenting resiliency gaps and mitigation plans
- This individual must also evaluate ongoing potential threats and develop threat monitoring plans based upon the type of threat, locations and business hours
- Coordinate with business area leadership to appoint Business Area Representatives that are empowered to make decisions on behalf of the business area during regional events
- Coordinate activities for local incidents impacting the business area and facilitates business area response and recovery.