Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 10 May 2019 12:50
Location: US, CA, San Diego
Company: General Atomics and Affiliated Companies
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
The company currently has an exciting opportunity for a Business Continuity Manager, to work within its General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), Security team, located in Poway, CA
- Manages the development and implementation of crisis management, business continuity, and emergency response policies, procedures, and programs.
- Develops, maintains and tests plans to ensure appropriate and effective response.
- Serves as the primary liaison between engineering, manufacturing, facilities, information technology services, compliance, environmental health and safety, and other departments to ensure appropriate strategies and solutions are developed and implemented to mitigate risk.
- Develops crisis management plans for recovery decision making and communications, continuity of processes, or temporary shut-down.
- Develops, conducts and debriefs mock-disaster exercises to test adequacy of existing plans and strategies; modifies procedures and plans as required.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations for tactical and strategic improvement and/or mitigation of risk.
- Maintains awareness of new/changing laws/regulations and continually review and monitor the status of all business continuity policies, procedures, and programs to ensure they are in compliance with appropriate regulations and meeting the needs of the organization.
- Develops expert interpretations of analyzed data and presents conclusions and recommendations to senior and executive staff.
- Manages the planning, recruitment, selection, retention, and development of human resources to ensure the availability of the required management and professional talent.
- Typically accomplishes objectives through subordinate management and/or professional staff.
- May be responsible for decisions that have an extended and significant impact on outcomes.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.