Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 15 May 2019 09:15
Location: UK, Weybridge
Company: Sony Electronics
The role of the Business Continuity Manager is to define and maintain the framework which ensures that the Crisis Management and Business Continuity procedures lead to effective and efficient organisational resilience.
This will be achieved by keeping relevant policies and procedures up to date including clear definition of roles and responsibilities.
The Business Continuity Manager will work with the business to maintain Business Continuity Plans for Critical Processes and Sites that enable disruption to critical operations is minimised to an extent and timeframe tolerable by the business and ensure that adequate and timely recovery of business critical processes and functions with clearly defined recovery procedures are in place.
- Crisis Management and Business Continuity Framework
- Establishment and coordination of a Pan-European network of Business Continuity Representatives and Crisis Response Teams who are responsible for maintaining plans, managing and reporting on incidents relating to the sites, key business functions and platforms
- Ensure the related policies and procedures are kept up to date and published on the European Governance website.
- Provide regular training to existing and new Business Continuity Representatives and Crisis Response Teams
- Perform critical analysis of business processes and conduct Business Impact Analyses on a periodic basis
- Support Business Continuity Plan holders to ensure their plans are kept up to date and fit for purpose including identification of changes in criticality or process
- Develop a test and review program for plans and their owners including table-top walk throughs and implementation of a reporting procedure to track deficiencies and remediation tasks
- Preparation and coordination of trainings and table-top exercises with Crisis Response Teams across Europe
- Regular reporting and status update to senior management and key stakeholders
- Travel Risk Management
- Manage the process and procedures relating to business travel to risk countries
- Manage a reporting process for Senior Management on travellers, incidents and medical support approvals made on a periodic basis.