IT Service Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 31 May 2019 09:37
Location: UK, London
Agency: ReThink Recruitment
An opportunity for an IT Service Continuity Manager to take the lead on the development and maintenance of the Service Continuity framework for a major financial organization based in London.
Reporting to the Operational Resilience Manager you will be the SME for IT Service Continuity & Disaster Recovery and playing the key role in developing, implementing & testing IT resilience plans/processes.
The position offers an above market rate salary, with an excellent benefits package. The company also continuously looks to develop their employee offering personal development packages and the chance to progress their careers long term.
- Develop and maintain the IT Service Continuity Management framework and ensure alignment to the company's Business Continuity Management Programme
- Act as IT Service Continuity champion throughout the business to ensure that activities that may affect service continuity are captured, considered and have the appropriate feeds into the continuity and the recovery plans as well as ensure that all Disaster Recovery contractual requirements are met. Drive continuity to leverage cloud-based solutions or appropriate technology to drive a digital customer experience and minimal reliance on traditional infrastructure and data centric solutions. Identify, assess, track and mitigate all IT Service Continuity risks and issues, showing telemetry and transition plans to address. Maintain and drive an appropriate backlog to address this.
- Act as the Lead to assess, develop / design new technology solutions to meet service and project goals.
- Ensure that all new services and solutions are developed with continuity and disaster recovery centricity at the outset to ensure the customer journey and good customer outcomes are at the heart of them.
- Continually review DR and IT Service Continuity processes, implement improvements, and ensure they meet business requirements with understood cost-effective solutions.
- Ensure DR plans and associated processes are in place to enable successful DR tests and live invocations that support Business Continuity Plans
- Ensure DR plans are frequently validated through a testing programme, with published MI to drive awareness and improvements.
- Assist in the day to day operational functionality and administration of our Business Continuity programme
- Identify gaps between IT resilience and the business appetite and push corrective actions to mitigate risks
- Work closely with IT, Business Continuity, Project Management and Change Management to ensure engagement and consultation on any potential impacts to service continuity.
- Comply with the organisations Information Security Policy, and all subordinate policies and local procedures.
- Protect the organisation assets in line with the requirements set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.