Business Continuity and Recovery Manager
- Published: Friday, 31 May 2019 09:40
Location: US, MA, Boston
Company: Eaton Vance
The Business Continuity and Recovery Manager is responsible for implementing, maintaining, monitoring and managing recovery solutions. The Business Continuity and Recovery Manager will deliver these solutions in accordance with the organization’s architectural designs, best practices, and regulatory or compliance requirements. As risks change, the Business Continuity and Recovery Manager is responsible for recommending modifications and enhancements to ensure the organization is evolving with the threat landscape.
The Business Continuity and Recovery Manager is expected to contribute to the corporate security strategy with security leadership and other senior security staffers and technologists. The Business Continuity and Recovery Manager will liaison with IT infrastructure, application development, security operations, security audit and end users. With an emphasis on securing systems, applications, third-party connections, service providers and ancillary systems, the Business Continuity and Recovery Manager is responsible for securing business-to-business initiatives, third-party relationships, outsourced solutions and vendors. Considered a highly knowledgeable individual, the Business Continuity and Recovery Manager is expected to implement, monitor and manage secure solutions that address modern day configurations that include cloud and hybrid cloud environments.
- Actively participate and lead Recovery team meetings that facilitate secure design.
- Engage in information security projects that evaluate existing security infrastructure and propose changes as defined by security leadership and architects. Additionally, deliver projects on time, within budget and in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs).
- Assist with incident response and system stability issues as they occur. This may include involvement outside of regular work hours, and responsiveness is expected.
- Implement solutions observing compliance –Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), etc. – and privacy laws.
- Work in tandem with architects, the security operations center (SOC), incident responders (in cases of anomalous activity and host compromise), and technology infrastructure and development team members.
- Develop test plans from architectural design. Identify deficiencies and make enhancements to ensure production is not impacted.
- Participate regularly in project and change management meetings.
- Research, validate and deploy solutions meeting security and business needs.
- Influence the planning and execution of incident response and postmortem exercises.