Senior Associate - Disaster Recovery
- Published: Wednesday, 10 July 2019 06:42
Location: US, NJ, Jersey City
Company: New York Life Insurance Co
This role is responsible for supporting the requirement of managing, coordinating, and reporting the “state of readiness” for assigned Disaster Recovery plans (domestic and/or international), within the Business Continuity & Recovery Plan projects and programs. S/he will support the accountability for on-time, high quality delivery of these projects, measured by minimal impact to NYL’s ability to complete transactions, relocate operations or operate in a “reduced” business as usual mode that receives executive stakeholder satisfaction. To successfully accomplish this goal, the successful candidate will support the development, review and monitoring of plan components (using NYL templates) with business areas that meet or exceed mitigation requirements for risk scenario(s). The desired outcome(s) will be guided by CVP, Corporate Resilience, Disaster Recovery Associate, a Business Impact Analysis and input from Operational Risk SME’s. The goal is to ensure the planning and execution for each recovery strategy is thoroughly and successfully integrated into a Business Continuity Management Plan.
The Disaster Recovery Associate will report directly to CVP, Corporate Resilience. S/he will work closely with technology, business continuity coordinators, business management, third party service providers and teams within Operational Risk to ensure alignment with current risk assessments, change management, policy/procedure/programs and actions required before, during and after recovery is declared.
- Peer review of assigned disaster recovery plans within the business continuity & recovery plans and ensures appropriate NYL protocol and strategies are aligned with the ORM Process Taxonomy, Criticality Tier Risk Matrix for recovery time objectives and recovery strategy(s) that mitigate risk
- Ensure the input required to evaluate the Disaster Recovery policy, program, standards and reporting protocol aligns with both business and Operational Risk strategic roadmaps
- Continuously assesses implementation risks, priorities, resource requirements, critical dependencies and assumptions underlying projects to ensure timely and effective execution
- Collaborates across Corporate, Business, Technology and external resources to ensure consistent content, understanding and execution of all disaster recovery plans
- Provide disaster recovery plan execution support to business areas and Corporate Resilience in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines defined by the scope of the incident, regulatory environment or business drivers
- Assists in evolving and refining business continuity management framework to ensure changes in operating models and internal processes are reflected in a timely manner
- Ensures the data center outage scenarios are within the business continuity program, training presentations, materials and support documentation deliver consistent business value and maintain alignment with the goals of Operational Risk Management
- Works effectively and collaboratively with Operational Risk, business continuity coordinators, business management and participates in continuous improvement efforts
- Identifies program impediments and addresses with solutions with appropriate urgency and within the correct escalation path
- Drives a culture of attention to risk excellence, quality, and continuous self-assessment to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory standards.