IT Disaster Recovery Analyst, Senior
- Published: Wednesday, 10 July 2019 06:56
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota or Providence, RI
Agency: BC Management
Status: Direct-Hire or Contract to Hire
Compensation: Open – Based on Experience
Candidates will live in or within a commutable distance of the role location. No relocation or remote work.
Candidates must have authorization in place to work in the USA.
Offer will be contingent on passing a background check.
5 – 7 years relevant experience working in an Information Security or Information Technology organization.
5– 7 years of experience in IT Service Continuity program management, IT disaster recovery plan development, maintenance and exercising.
Knowledge and experience in applying ISO 22301, NIST, ITIL v3, DRI International (DRII) or Business Continuity Institute (BCI) professional practices, as well as industry specific regulations and regulatory bodies.
A BC Management client is looking for an IT Disaster Recovery analyst to join its IT Security and Governance organization. In this role you will work to implement the IT Service Continuity policy and program for the client. The primary objective the program is to ensure the IT organization is prepared for, able to respond to and recover from a disaster impacting one of the client’s data centers or other serious disruptions to IT and business operations.
This individual will have the opportunity to work across the IT organization, including the Infrastructure, Operations and Application organizations to influence and be an advocate for IT Service Continuity. Focus areas for this role include policy and program management, planning and response, as well as assisting with the coordination and execution of regular disaster recovery testing. Lastly, in support of the client’s THRIVE² initiative you will fill an integral role leveraging your industry knowledge to develop and implement core strategies for disaster recovery.
The client’s THRIVE² initiative will engage teams around the themes of creating a standard platform, adopting common processes, building an efficient operating model, and making change work for a better future.
Job responsibilities and accountabilities
Program Management, Governance and Compliance
- Establish and maintain program and governance including development and implementation of IT disaster recovery policies, procedures, guidelines and plan templates using industry best practices
- Develop and produce program key performance indicators, metrics and reports that reflect overall health and viability of disaster recovery capabilities
- Responsible for administration and maintenance business continuity and disaster recovery planning tools including, but not limited to, automated notification systems (i.e. On Solve MIR3) and planning software (i.e. RPX) with all associated modules as they relate to risk assessment, business impact analysis, incident response and other BC/DR services. Interface and work with Disaster Recovery Service Provider(s) as assigned
- Maintains awareness of current legal/compliance requirements for business continuity and disaster recovery plans and standards; assists in preparation for compliance and audit events
- Stay current on DR trends and providing recommendations for continuous improvement around our DR strategy.
Planning and Response
- Analyzes BIA and Risk Assessment data, identify and understand implications and changes to disaster recovery requirements. Ensures plan owners make the appropriate changes to their DR plans as required
- Acts as an internal consultant, provides guidance and expertise in disaster recovery solutions and plan development
- Partners with IT teams to coordinate ongoing updates to the plans and procedures, ensuring continuity and accessibility of documentation
- Provide 24x7 on-call support for any emergency, which may require activation of all or part of the IT business continuity or disaster recovery plans
- in coordinating continuity efforts after a disruption by facilitating communications, assisting with the recovery process and organizing post event debriefs.
Preparedness – Exercises, Training & Awareness
- Develop and provide training and training materials and is the subject matter expert for BCM solutions
- Develops and manages plan maintenance programs, exercise programs and training and awareness programs
- Assists with the planning, coordination and execution of disaster recovery exercises. Develop post exercise report and assist in developing remediation plans for identified exceptions, working with control owners to ensure all exceptions are remediated in a timely manner.
Relevant experience, education, certification, knowledge, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in education and work experience
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience working in an Information Security or Information Technology organization
- 5-7 years of experience in IT Service Continuity program management, IT disaster recovery plan development, maintenance and exercising
- Understanding of and experience in applying ISO 22301, NIST, ITIL v3, DRI International (DRII) or Business Continuity Institute (BCI) professional practices, as well as industry specific regulations and regulatory bodies.
- Preferred - Certified training in business continuity and/or disaster recovery solutions and practices a plus (i.e. CBCP, ABCP, CBCI, BCCP, CBRM, CBRITP, etc.)
- Possess general technology knowledge (mainframe, distributed, network, middleware and storage, data backup technologies)
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
- Requires oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers, including management and staff at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical teams
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with an ability to perform data analysis and produce professional presentations and reports
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and respond rapidly to incidents 24/7/365.
- Some travel may be required
- Ability to work evenings and/or weekend due to incident response and disaster recover testing
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment.
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex or handicap.
To apply contact Alicia Stevens - BC Management, Inc. at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 562-260-6791.